Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Largest Fruit - Mandarin/Tangerine (maybe Guinness record)

<< < (10/13) > >>

850FL:

--- Quote from: sc4001992 on May 12, 2021, 04:24:58 AM ---well I do have a few grafted Buddhas hand on my trees but no fruits so far.

--- End quote ---

I wonder if a real cross between a mandarin and Buddha’s hand would look similar to that deformed mandarin

sc4001992:
850FL, good question about the cross. I did have a Buddhas hand grafted near this Sumo graft but I don't remember the Buddhas hand every getting much fruits so I cut the branch and grafted other varieties to that tree. Now last fall I decided to try it again so got some Buddhas hand scion from CCPP and grafted some on my tree farther away from the Sumo. It did have flowers this year but the fruits all fell off when they were about 1/2".

I had to take some photos of this weird Sumo after I dissected it up to see what the insides looked like so here it is. Taste was no different than the normal fruit.

Millet:
Mother Nature at work!

Iriszaro:
 :) :) :)

CarolinaZone:
Ok guys. I am about to go hunting but I need to know how the Sugar Belle tastes. What are your impressions? This is my third year growing citrus and the only one of my plants that have fruited are the Bumper and the meiwa. The meiwa was pretty good:sweet inside and out. The Bumper was nice: easy peel, sweet but not sugary with a very typical tangerine flavor. Is Sugar Belle sweeter than your average tangerine? I see it being sold as an "orange" and a "mandarin".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version