Author Topic: Avocado tasting  (Read 7650 times)

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Avocado tasting
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2021, 12:39:29 AM »
Shane i have your bowls.  I guess we need to setup another party again so I can return everyone's stuff. 

Let's plan another party for July, I have lots of fruit to sample mid summer.  We could do fourth of July and shoot guns and eat fruit make lots of noise.

Fruit? Shooting guns? I’d like to just go ahead and rsvp now please. I can bring a trap and some clay pigeons, looser eats a lemon ;)
Nate

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2021, 09:25:29 AM »
It's really wonderful that you all are getting together.  I wish it would inspire someone in these parts to do something similar with mango season right around the corner.
John

shaneatwell

• California, San Diego, sunset 23 and 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2021, 09:49:20 AM »
The loquats in the metal bowl were big Jim. What did you have in the ziplock Simon?

Shane, I had Big Jim’s in there also. I’ve been feeding with some 3-12-12, gypsum and I try not to overwater so that’s why they’re smaller but maybe a tad bit sweeter than without the fertilizers.

Simon

That’s interesting. Now I wish I paid more attention to the taste.

I met a couple other people from my neighborhood, la costs canyon, was that 7seas and mangomission? I know bonsaibeast is just around the corner and passionbob 3 doors down. We have enough for our own local chapter!
Shane

beicadad

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2021, 01:55:47 AM »
That was an awesome event today. I know it was an Avocado tasting but Richard, Mark, Ken and others brought fruit trees to give away. The avocados were incredible and it was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Here’s the recipe for the Avocado Smoothie I made:

In a large blender, throw in 2 large or 3 small avocados, 2 big pinches of Himalayan pink sea salt, and half a can( approximately 7 oz. of sweetened condensed milk. Add 2 cups of milk and blend for about 1 minute to emulsify everything. Once everything is blended well, throw in 3 cups of ice and blend until the ice is all broken up into tiny pieces.

You can also throw in a banana to make an Avocado Banana smoothie which some people prefer.

Enjoy

Simon

Thanks for sharing this recipe Simon! I just tried it and it rocks. Whole family love it

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2021, 02:43:06 PM »
That was an awesome event today. I know it was an Avocado tasting but Richard, Mark, Ken and others brought fruit trees to give away. The avocados were incredible and it was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Here’s the recipe for the Avocado Smoothie I made:

In a large blender, throw in 2 large or 3 small avocados, 2 big pinches of Himalayan pink sea salt, and half a can( approximately 7 oz. of sweetened condensed milk. Add 2 cups of milk and blend for about 1 minute to emulsify everything. Once everything is blended well, throw in 3 cups of ice and blend until the ice is all broken up into tiny pieces.

You can also throw in a banana to make an Avocado Banana smoothie which some people prefer.

Enjoy

Simon

Thanks for sharing this recipe Simon! I just tried it and it rocks. Whole family love it

No problem Ken. It’s easy to modify the recipe. Just add more/less sweetened condensed milk or sugar if you want it sweeter/less sweet.

Simon

socalbalcony

• California, South OC, 10B
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2021, 03:08:06 PM »
Shane i have your bowls.  I guess we need to setup another party again so I can return everyone's stuff. 

Let's plan another party for July, I have lots of fruit to sample mid summer.  We could do fourth of July and shoot guns and eat fruit make lots of noise.

Fruit? Shooting guns? I’d like to just go ahead and rsvp now please. I can bring a trap and some clay pigeons, looser eats a lemon ;)

jokes on you, I like raw lemons

Seanny

• Garden Grove, Orange County, California, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2021, 10:54:47 PM »
Without miracle fruit?

socalbalcony

• California, South OC, 10B
    • View Profile
    • IG