Author Topic: WANTED: Bitters (C-22), Carpenter (C-54), and Furr (C-57) Rootstock Seeds  (Read 1343 times)

frutescent

• Arizona, 9b
    • View Profile
I'm just a very passionate hobbyist, so I cannot not handle the minimum order size of 1000+ citrus seeds that Lyn Seeds, the only retailer for these varieties I can find, offers.

I am seeking Bitters (C-22), Carpenter (C-54), or Furr (C-57) citrange rootstock seeds.
If anyone here or anyone you know is part of an operation using these improved rootstocks, please contact me.
Likewise, if anyone is interested in splitting an order, contact me.

Unfortunately, despite small but significant advantages to these rootstock varieties in ASU trials, these rootstocks cannot be found here. "Arizona grown" trees use a dated, high-suckering sour orange, due to their relative tolerance of our calcareous soils. Most citrus sold here is imported from California on mostly C-35, but occasionally Carrizo (supposedly inappropriate here), macrophylla (Eureka lemons only for some reason, with a number of disadvantages) & Flying Dragon. I'm not sure if citrus academics & nurseries here have been reluctant to adopt these; the additional cost is minor. Perhaps they are waiting for the coming HLB-resistant GMO rootstock? In any case it will be a long time before hobbyists have access to those.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: Bitters (C-22), Carpenter (C-54), and Furr (C-57) Rootstock Seeds
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 10:20:03 PM »
Try the CCPP  many of the C- rootstock are listed on their site.

snowjunky

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9a/9b
    • View Profile
Try the CCPP  many of the C- rootstock are listed on their site.

CCPP only have C-22 buds available?  How does that work for rootstock?  Graft it on something then 6 months later airlayer it for rootstock??