Author Topic: Repotting tangerine tree  (Read 507 times)

Lovetoplant

• Oxnard,ca
    • View Profile
Repotting tangerine tree
« on: February 06, 2021, 02:34:55 AM »
Should I hose the soil out of my tangerine roots with water before repotting it into a bigger pot?  It is in a 2 gal pot now.
Thank you the advice.

poncirsguy

• Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 6a/6b
    • View Profile
Re: Repotting tangerine tree
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 12:50:21 PM »
Pictures would help to determine plan of repot.  Is the soil old.  Is the tree rootbound.  What rootstock is it on.  Do you need to repot.  What variety is it.  Example

Seville sour orange rootstock with a New Zealand lemonade tree.  Soil is now 3 years old planted in 4 part compost from compost pile and 1 part Perlite.  Bud was grafted 5.5 months ago by T-Bud method by Myself.
There are people that know a lot more about citrus trees than i do that can help You and myself out on this kind of question.  I am interested to.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 12:55:27 PM by poncirsguy »

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 01:10:27 PM »
I used to bareroot them and spray all the old dirt out with a hose.  Now I just lightly shake and gently wiggle the roots a bit to free the majority of the soil.  I think totally barerooting them sets them back.  I would only do that if the soil medium is severely compacted.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 01:26:10 PM »
  Just be sure to not rush the process, to avoid damaging the root system.  Whatever, never let the tender roots dry out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk