Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

New Additions to My Collection

<< < (4/5) > >>

Ethan:
Wow quite an orchard there gtw!  In addition to the soil amending maybe check out 'lasagna gardening'.

good luck,
-Ethan

MangoFang:
Nulls - wasn't planning to - what exactly is "Green Scene"?

ToothoftheMango

phucvu:
jesus is in chino?

nullzero:

--- Quote from: MangoFang on February 22, 2012, 12:24:48 AM ---Nulls - wasn't planning to - what exactly is "Green Scene"?

ToothoftheMango

--- End quote ---

Its a big spring time plant sale, with food and some other stuff. The CRFG will be there, thats where I got my Lucuma seedling and Sabara jaboticaba  http://fullertonarboretum.org/event_green.php

Great advice Ethan brought up on the lasagna gardening. Did this to a friends yard, and it flourished with Yacon, Taro, and other vegetables.

ericalynne:
I agree this forum is a bad influence. I went to ECHO today and could not resist a beautiful little Julie mango flowering her heart out. From this forum, I knew I could grow her in a pot and wheel her into my garage when it gets cold in the winter. Except I don't have a garage. Still, I have this picture in my mind of my large potted Julie being wheeled into protection.

I also purchased three citrus that are relatively cold hardy: Dancy, Parson Brown and Hamlin. I couldn't resist the fragrance of those citrus blossoms!

I also purchased some Maridol papaya seeds. One website claims they are somewhat frost tolerant and can be grown in zone 9b. We shall see.

Erica

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version