Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Baccaurea angulata

(1/4) > >>

murahilin:
Baccaurea angulata looks pretty cool. Anyone growing it or tried the fruit? eBay has some seeds available from Malaysia right now so I bought some.

Some info on it: http://sarawakianaii.blogspot.com/2010/02/food-baccaurea-angulata-or-tampoi.html

eBay link: http://stores.ebay.com/shefloral2008

lkailburn:
They look really cool!

-Luke

Tomas:
Hi murahilin,

Yeah they look really cool and I wish you luck with your order. Just beware of shefloral2008 (a little too late I guess). I have ordered seeds from them and told them to include my seed import permit. They didn't reply on my email request, and they didn't include my permit. The seeds were confiscated by US Customs with a warning notice of a fine because seed import permit was missing.

Tomas

murahilin:

--- Quote from: Tomas on April 05, 2012, 09:45:56 PM ---Hi murahilin,

Yeah they look really cool and I wish you luck with your order. Just beware of shefloral2008 (a little too late I guess). I have ordered seeds from them and told them to include my seed import permit. They didn't reply on my email request, and they didn't include my permit. The seeds were confiscated by US Customs with a warning notice of a fine because seed import permit was missing.

Tomas

--- End quote ---

That sucks. I did email and said to include my permit. Let's see how it goes. If they don't include the permit that would suck. I will definitely be giving a bad review on eBay and paypal. There is only so many times they can do that stuff before eBay will remove a seller.

BMc:
There are a few in FNQ around Cairns. Quite good and amazing thing to behold when laden with fruit. The ones I've seen are maybe more purple-red. I've always been told these ones are among the least cool tolerant. Burmese Grapes being the most cool tolerant. Hoping to get seeds and seedlings of angulata plus rambai tampoi and burmese grapes next season, cyclones permitting.

Also, these are all pretty big trees and I believe you need at least two of each for proper pollination.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version