Author Topic: Brahm Kai Meu  (Read 1773 times)

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
Brahm Kai Meu
« on: September 12, 2015, 10:47:13 PM »
Is this an early mangos in FL? Mine friends is blooming for the first time.

jc

• Treasure Coast, Florida, 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Brahm Kai Meu
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 06:14:09 AM »
Nope. Mid season
JC

mangokothiyan

• Coral Springs, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 10:46:55 AM »

I topworked one of my trees with Brahm Kai Meu. That part of the tree flowered sparsely a couple of weeks ago. I  pruned the tree a bit to remove the flowers. My Maha Chanok, which flowered at this time of the year (mid-August) last year,, flowered this time as well.  Interestingly, the tree did not flower earlier this year at all. I cut the flowers off that too.

My question to the experts: Will flowering at this time of the year affect the tree's ability to produce during the normal season?

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »

I topworked one of my trees with Brahm Kai Meu. That part of the tree flowered sparsely a couple of weeks ago. I  pruned the tree a bit to remove the flowers. My Maha Chanok, which flowered at this time of the year (mid-August) last year,, flowered this time as well.  Interestingly, the tree did not flower earlier this year at all. I cut the flowers off that too.

My question to the experts: Will flowering at this time of the year affect the tree's ability to produce during the normal season?
I grafted this variety onto his ataulfo August 2014. I did not flower this spring so I adviced my friend to let it fruit we need to determind the fruiting season for this variety in SoCal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk