Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 172946 times)

Fygee

• Las Vegas Gardening Community Admin
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • View Profile
    • Las Vegas Gardening Community
Which of the jabotica seeds you're selling would have the best chance for a desert climate, and, ideally, fruit fairly quickly?

Note that it'll be in a more tropical microclimate and watered/amended in a manner to lower salt content in the soil and keep the acidity low.
Continuing my journey to disprove those who say "You can't grow that in the desert" since 2013.

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
Hi, i m searching about Condalia microphylla (small trees), not much information in English on the internet, i would like to know how big the fruit is, how long time from sowing to fruit, what about the taste, and possible toxicity.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Fygee,

Think your best option would be grimal.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 07:54:30 PM by nullzero »
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Which of the jabotica seeds you're selling would have the best chance for a desert climate, and, ideally, fruit fairly quickly?

Note that it'll be in a more tropical microclimate and watered/amended in a manner to lower salt content in the soil and keep the acidity low.

Campo Ramón, but you should water it well, cheers

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, i m searching about Condalia microphylla (small trees), not much information in English on the internet, i would like to know how big the fruit is, how long time from sowing to fruit, what about the taste, and possible toxicity.

Hi, not toxic at all; 2 m tall, 5 to 8 years to fruit; small fruits, 6 to 8mm or so; tasty

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
New species! one of the only native fruits trees from my Province: Buenos Aires!

temperate climate: Psidium salutare var macronatum

It grows well at subtropical and tropical climates too, in fact, it grows all over Southamerica

http://www.huertasurbanas.com/2021/03/20/araza-rastrero-de-las-sierras-psidium-salutare-var-mucronatum/

VERY tasty fruits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih1VN7HQQFE

cheers

zielin

• France
    • View Profile
Hi huertasurbanas,

You have an exceptional collection of fruit trees and you defend an essential cause, well done for what you do.

I am sending you an email to place an order.

Best regards.

Pedroboy

• USA,CA,Pacifica,9b-10A Sunset 17
    • View Profile
PM sent.

Chris

trrnts

• FLA
    • View Profile
    • trrnts.com
payment/pm sent.

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
some questions so i may prepare my next order:
Annona squamosa x cherimola: how hardy, how long time from seed to fruit, sun and water requirements, self fertile?
Graviola de montaña, Posadas, dry: how big fruit, how long from seed to fruit, how easy to germinate (this is the dry version), self fertile? Does it prefer sun or shade? Water requirements?
And, what about Inga? Can we expect some Inga variety with good pulp ratio, hardy to zone 9b, self fertile? How long from seed to fruit for Inga?
thank you!

By the way let me inform you, the Pereskia aculeata that was damaged by the snow when it was just a few months old, now shows signs of life, when it roots firmly it will withstand winters.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi Giannhs:

Annona squamosa x cherimola: how hardy, : -3ºC or so

how long time from seed to fruit, : 3 to 4 years
sun and water requirements,: full sun, good water
self fertile? yes

Graviola de montaña, Posadas, dry: how big fruit, : I dont remember exactly, maybe 500 to 600 gr

how long from seed to fruit,  3 to 4 years in its original climate

how easy to germinate (this is the dry version), : 70%

self fertile?  yes

Does it prefer sun or shade?  SUN

Water requirements?, good ammount

And, what about Inga? Can we expect some Inga variety with good pulp ratio, hardy to zone 9b, self fertile? : Inga laurina produces here, maybe hardy to -2ºC, not so much pulp, but tasty, and very productive. Self fertile.

How long from seed to fruit for Inga?; 3 years

-By the way let me inform you, the Pereskia aculeata that was damaged by the snow when it was just a few months old, now shows signs of life, when it roots firmly it will withstand winters.

I am glad!

linsecte

• france asia spain
    • View Profile
Hi, what would you have suitable for temperate climate? I mean surviving frosts
Thank you

Tustinfruitnerd

• Tustin
    • View Profile
Hi there. What is the best guava that you have eaten? Which one is the sweetest, most aromatic and have fewest seeds? Thank you.

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
Hi! the seeds that your partner in USA sent me on April 19, arrived here in Greece yesterday, May 6.
Chañar, super sweet Atemoya, Aratiçu da praia, and Ubajay.
No complications at the post office nor unduly delay. A seamless transaction. This is to say Thank You.

Please let me know when you have new seeds of other plants, for example Jua açu, Inga, or Annona montana.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 04:13:55 PM by Giannhs »