Citrus > Cold Hardy Citrus

Yuzu Ichang Papeda cross

(1/9) > >>

lavender87:
  Was there such a tree exited? Will this hybrid significantly decry the quality?

I know the Ichang Papeda fruit is itself a low quality citrus fruit, but yuzu has many uses in culinary field.

Millet:
Well if you think there is any  quality in either the Yuzu or the Ichang Papeda, then I guess it will not lower the quality of either fruit.

lavender87:

--- Quote from: Millet on September 21, 2019, 02:07:00 PM ---Well if you think there is any  quality in either the Yuzu or the Ichang Papeda, then I guess it will not lower the quality of either fruit.

--- End quote ---

:-\? I thought yuzu is famous for its uses in many cuisines. I was thinking of seedless yuzu. I read a few posts about seedless yuzu available in Japan, but it seems to be impossible to find in the US. Some opinions also claimed that seedless yuzu in Japan is not as good as the orginal yuzu interm of fragrances. I knew there are at least several varieties of seedless Ichang Papeda in both Europe and the US, so I came up with an idea of crossing yuzu with Ichang Papeda to test my luck of finding a high quality seedless yuzu.

I am not so sure whether or not a seedless citrus mother or father would transfer his/her seedless character to off-springs.

Millet:
It is always worth a try.  Many advances in citrus have been achieved by trying.

lebmung:

--- Quote from: lavender87 on September 21, 2019, 03:04:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: Millet on September 21, 2019, 02:07:00 PM ---Well if you think there is any  quality in either the Yuzu or the Ichang Papeda, then I guess it will not lower the quality of either fruit.

--- End quote ---

:-\? I thought yuzu is famous for its uses in many cuisines. I was thinking of seedless yuzu. I read a few posts about seedless yuzu available in Japan, but it seems to be impossible to find in the US. Some opinions also claimed that seedless yuzu in Japan is not as good as the orginal yuzu interm of fragrances. I knew there are at least several varieties of seedless Ichang Papeda in both Europe and the US, so I came up with an idea of crossing yuzu with Ichang Papeda to test my luck of finding a high quality seedless yuzu.

I am not so sure whether or not a seedless citrus mother or father would transfer his/her seedless character to off-springs.

--- End quote ---

there is a hybrid with satsuma called Ichandarin Liudmila, it's said to taste similar to yuzu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version