Author Topic: Achacha Honey Kiss - Garcinia humilis  (Read 3102 times)

FRUITBOXHERO

• Coral Springs Fl
    • View Profile
Re: Achacha Honey Kiss - Garcinia humilis
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2021, 08:00:09 PM »
Mine is planted in ground about 30% direct sun 10% filtered sun and 60% shade, planted it out in 2016 as a 3 gal tree, today about 6 x 6 and flowered once, no fruit as of yet. very happy with its growth rate.
I'm hopeful the fruit is worth the wait.
also have a luc's Garcinia, seed grown 2012, 7 foot tall, no flowers or fruit as of yet! same lighting as Achacha
Joe

Seadation

• USA, Miami, Fl, 33176 Zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2021, 09:17:48 PM »
I would say they do best if kept in a pot in partial shade for the first few years. Once the tree is several feet tall it can be planted out in full sun. This is what I did with mine and it has done great. My tree fruited for the first time last year. This year it has about 200 fruits on it which should start ripening in the next couple of weeks. The pics show the progression of my tree over the years.

BobHawks

• Los Angeles ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2021, 11:19:57 PM »
Wow, I'm in the right place being a mango lover.  I did my first post earlier this week on whether my tree was healthy or not.  I have 2 6ft tall,  year old trees.   Alphonso has pea sized fruit and doing well.  The Kensington has tons of flowers and many are brittle to the touch and fall of?  Took a couple pictures.   I noticed some leaves have spots?

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2021, 09:33:04 AM »
Wow, I'm in the right place being a mango lover.  I did my first post earlier this week on whether my tree was healthy or not.  I have 2 6ft tall,  year old trees.   Alphonso has pea sized fruit and doing well.  The Kensington has tons of flowers and many are brittle to the touch and fall of?  Took a couple pictures.   I noticed some leaves have spots?

lol  ...........  Sorry to break the bad news....... You posted in the wrong thread   ............. "Achacha Honey Kiss - Garcinia humilis'

Many plants have the same nickname but are not the same variety and often a different genus... I do not think he was referring to mango...

just.jim

• Thousand Oaks
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2021, 09:59:55 PM »
Wow, those trees look great!  How old is that big full one?

Mine really take to the partial shade.  My larger tree is really putting on some size, and fruiting well.

The smaller one I planted next to my shed and is also pretty happy there.  Also a shady/partial sun area.  I planted it a couple years after the first one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk