Author Topic: Jackfruit Seeds for sale  (Read 2459 times)

dongeorgio

• If you have any mango that I don't...CONTACT ME!
    • zone 10
    • View Profile
Jackfruit Seeds for sale
« on: July 11, 2016, 05:33:34 PM »
selling 10 seeds for $20 plus shipping.  You can mix and match any seeds in an order.

I currently have limited quantities of:

Borneo Red (almost finished)
Golden Pillow
J-31
MAI 1
Bangkok Lemon

Please PM any orders or questions
George

Don

• Brisbane Australia zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Jackfruit Seeds for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 06:09:02 PM »
Hi, which ones would you say are the best out of the ones there? A while ago you said jackfruit dont come true to type from seed so would these be possibly hybrid or they just have a bit of variation from the parent tree? Thanks for your help.

akanonui

• zone 6b, Southeast Michigan. But I have a greenhouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 07:57:30 PM »
Do they grow true to seed? What would you say is the most containable variety(as in pot culture).

dongeorgio

• If you have any mango that I don't...CONTACT ME!
    • zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 08:07:00 PM »
They don't grow true to seed but I've been getting emails for seeds so I figured I'd let the people who wanted them know I've got them.
George

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 08:31:00 PM »
No, do not some true to seed.  Good rule of the, excellent quality fruit give likely chance that seedling will be of very good quality.

Out of the varieties George lists, Bangkok Lemon would be the best to grow from seed.

None of them would be good fir pot culture, unless you plan on growing in pots in the 100, 200 or 300 gal size.

There are very few that would be good pot xulture, and you would really want to go with a grafted tree to even think about pot culture.
- Rob

pschill444@aol.com

• springvalley ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 10:09:06 AM »
Hi George, from seed how long should it take them to grow/produce from seed? also what is the fastest growing varietys?             Regards       Patrick

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 10:25:33 AM »
Hi George, from seed how long should it take them to grow/produce from seed? also what is the fastest growing varietys?             Regards       Patrick

I am not George but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

From seed, they should take approximately 4 years  to fruit, in the South Florida climate/location.  I have seen them fruit in less time but as with anything, its never a given or a guarantee.   For the most part, jackfruit grown from seed can be very vigorous,  upright growers.  The branching can and will vary as will the vigor, again climate, location and care will play a role.  Pruning is highly recommended to keep a seedling jackfruit manageable.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:08:49 PM by bsbullie »
- Rob

pschill444@aol.com

• springvalley ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 10:52:31 AM »
Hi Rob, thanks for the reply as to the second part of the question have you noticed any that grow/produce faster than others??   Patrick