Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 620585 times)

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #600 on: May 02, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »
Hi I am Orkine from South FL.
I love fruit trees and am particularly interested in mango (6) and avocado (2).  I also have lychees (3).
I intend to get some more and recently got very excited about grafting after doing some online research and seeing Carlos's videos. :)
I plan on trying to change the canopy on one of the avocado trees and may share my story (if I do it)

murraystevena2

• Plants on family farm in Bakersfield area and some things where i stay during the week in riverside
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 07, 2013, 03:37:33 PM »
Hello everyone, I grew up on my family's Cherry farm in California. I have always been into fruits and became more interested when I was in high school and attended the 2003 festival of fruits and bought some plants. After that I lived in Mexico and got exposed to some real tropicals and got hooked. It has changed the whole direction of my life, originally I studied geology and now I study plant science at Cal Poly Pomona. I have two passions in life and it is languages and fruits. Over the last 7 years every summer and spring I have worked on my family's farm out in the fields and saved up my money to buy plants and seeds and/or go to a language schools, study the language for a month or two and then backpacking afterwards and trying local and delicious fruits. In recent years I have gotten a small lots of seeds permit and have started really collecting stuff. I have since collected 350 or so species of fruiting plants of around a 1000 varieties from 86 families or so. It is too long to list below but most of them I have in my greenhouse and about half of them are young plants. That also includes many species of temperate fruits. I am particularly interested in Sapotaceae 17 species, Myrtaceae 35 species or so, rosaceae 50-60 species, rubaceae 10 var of white sapote, 50ish varieties of citrus, I am interested in more artocarpus, syzygium, eugenias and kin plus lots of other stuff that varies from time to time.  My greenhouse around 30mX10m and getting very full of stuff.
One year ago I was accepted as an exchange student in China and have been living here since last august and will stay here until next the end of July. This was such a good opportunity that I had to take it and I have left the care of the greenhouse to my family for the time being. My family's business is called Murray family farms www.murrayfamilyfarms.com
They sell fruits (not plants) and grow everything that they sell in the stores and are a commercial cherry farm and have retail stores.  I am also active or at least try to be active in the CRFG and as I said, fruits play a huge part of my life and livelihood. I look forward to joining this forum, trading fruits and seeing all the cool stuff out there.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 07, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »
Murraystevena2,

Welcome to the forums, its nice to see another younger member. Just 1yr older then you myself. Would love to see pictures of your collection at home. I wounder how hard it would be to go through the import process for Jujube budwood from China.

I know Myrica rubra importation from China has been done 3 times with big orders without too much red tape.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

murraystevena2

• Plants on family farm in Bakersfield area and some things where i stay during the week in riverside
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 09, 2013, 01:29:36 AM »
I think it could be done with the jujubes, I think Roger Myer has imported plants in the past. I think it depends on how the species is listed by Aphis. I am near the largest ag school in china and saw some cool looking photos of different types of jujubes before, but as I am going home at the end of july I wont be here during the right time of the year to import budwood. Yeah its good to have some young blood in this rare fruit stuff. What got you into it?

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 09, 2013, 09:20:41 PM »
I think it could be done with the jujubes, I think Roger Myer has imported plants in the past. I think it depends on how the species is listed by Aphis. I am near the largest ag school in china and saw some cool looking photos of different types of jujubes before, but as I am going home at the end of july I wont be here during the right time of the year to import budwood. Yeah its good to have some young blood in this rare fruit stuff. What got you into it?

Passion for growing plants and realizing the health benefits and joys of life from eating fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs. I could not think of a more peaceful and life rewarding hobby.

fruitloopy

• USA,FL,Stuart, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 10, 2013, 06:10:35 PM »
Greetings to all forumites,

I got interested in tropical fruits when, upon moving to Stuart, FL in 1994 from 4.5 acres on the Potomac river in rural Virginia where I grew apples, grapes, plums, vegetables, blueberries and others,  I discovered there was nothing particularly tropical in my regular Publix produce area.  Disappointed, I decided, well, I'll just have to grow them myself.  So I got this little Sunset book, on Citrus and Subtropical fruit and got inspired.  Then got my own little acre in 1997, had Richard Wilson bring a truck full of trees, and boom, I was off.  I've pretty much continued  this on my own as I didn't know anyone else in the hobby until recently.  Most of my neighbors are sod farmers. (if that's harsh just pretend I didn't say it) So my interest waxes and wanes year to year.  I sympathize with Patrick as he wanders around the yard looking for any unoccupied tree planting space, new fruit, leaves, bugs, squirrels, flowers.  I have added new stuff and killed other stuff (3 persimmons...etc. ).  Locally in Martin county we have Mike's Treesnmore which is a great nursery.  I recently did a grafting workshop there with Adam and am very excited to try my hand at this new skill.  I appreciate all who have answered my questions and hope to continue learning as I interact with others in the hobby.  I also have some orchids, heliconia, bromeliads, collector palms & cycads. 

Some fruit inventory....from 20 year old trees to potted  seedlings :    araca boi, black sapote,  sweet tamarind,  tropical guavas-Tikal, ?, cattley guava, lychee 2, tangerines, grapefruit duncan, mineola tangelos, uglifuit, pineapple, monstera, cherry of the rio grande, macadamia, mango 7cv-Tebow(Edward x kent), coconut cream,PPK,kent, Glenn, Beverly,valencia pride , longan, pitomba, pomegranate, papaya, guava, coconut, mamay sapote -pantin lorito1, avocado 4 cv., nangka mai1, peach 2, apples 3 cv on one(from Treesnmore) , limes 4 ,lemons 2,  white sapote- redlands, rollinia, malay apple, starapple, starfruit- kari, pommelo, sugar apples- red green Puerto rican purple grafted,atemoya geffner 48-26mmm! , soursop,blueberries-3 cv., herbs, tomatoes, eggplant, bananas -gros michel , manzano, hua moa, tall red, short red, raja puri, ice cream, misi luki, dwarf cavendish, praying hands,kru  +unknown ones, genip, mysore raspberry, grapes-2, blackberry-Brazos, passionfruit- purple, dragonfruit-pink red, white, yellow, sapodilla , miracle fruit, Ross sapote(canistel),barbados cherry ,... I'm tired....pulasan, terap,abiu coming soon,  want chempedak,   

OK, since there are others like me, does that mean I'm not crazy or that we all are?  Hmmmmmmmm.

Regards, Rusty

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 10, 2013, 10:03:53 PM »
Greetings to all forumites,

I got interested in tropical fruits when, upon moving to Stuart, FL in 1994 from 4.5 acres on the Potomac river in rural Virginia where I grew apples, grapes, plums, vegetables, blueberries and others,  I discovered there was nothing particularly tropical in my regular Publix produce area.  Disappointed, I decided, well, I'll just have to grow them myself.  So I got this little Sunset book, on Citrus and Subtropical fruit and got inspired.  Then got my own little acre in 1997, had Richard Wilson bring a truck full of trees, and boom, I was off.  I've pretty much continued  this on my own as I didn't know anyone else in the hobby until recently.  Most of my neighbors are sod farmers. (if that's harsh just pretend I didn't say it) So my interest waxes and wanes year to year.  I sympathize with Patrick as he wanders around the yard looking for any unoccupied tree planting space, new fruit, leaves, bugs, squirrels, flowers.  I have added new stuff and killed other stuff (3 persimmons...etc. ).  Locally in Martin county we have Mike's Treesnmore which is a great nursery.  I recently did a grafting workshop there with Adam and am very excited to try my hand at this new skill.  I appreciate all who have answered my questions and hope to continue learning as I interact with others in the hobby.  I also have some orchids, heliconia, bromeliads, collector palms & cycads. 

Some fruit inventory....from 20 year old trees to potted  seedlings :    araca boi, black sapote,  sweet tamarind,  tropical guavas-Tikal, ?, cattley guava, lychee 2, tangerines, grapefruit duncan, mineola tangelos, uglifuit, pineapple, monstera, cherry of the rio grande, macadamia, mango 7cv-Tebow(Edward x kent), coconut cream,PPK,kent, Glenn, Beverly,valencia pride , longan, pitomba, pomegranate, papaya, guava, coconut, mamay sapote -pantin lorito1, avocado 4 cv., nangka mai1, peach 2, apples 3 cv on one(from Treesnmore) , limes 4 ,lemons 2,  white sapote- redlands, rollinia, malay apple, starapple, starfruit- kari, pommelo, sugar apples- red green Puerto rican purple grafted,atemoya geffner 48-26mmm! , soursop,blueberries-3 cv., herbs, tomatoes, eggplant, bananas -gros michel , manzano, hua moa, tall red, short red, raja puri, ice cream, misi luki, dwarf cavendish, praying hands,kru  +unknown ones, genip, mysore raspberry, grapes-2, blackberry-Brazos, passionfruit- purple, dragonfruit-pink red, white, yellow, sapodilla , miracle fruit, Ross sapote(canistel),barbados cherry ,... I'm tired....pulasan, terap,abiu coming soon,  want chempedak,   

OK, since there are others like me, does that mean I'm not crazy or that we all are?  Hmmmmmmmm.

Regards, Rusty

Impressive list Rusty, would love to see pictures of the trees and fruit :).

fruitloopy

• USA,FL,Stuart, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 11, 2013, 10:15:57 PM »
Thanks...I'll work on that.

Rodgunner

• USA, Florida,33029,10bDR
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 13, 2013, 01:15:20 AM »
R Hanabergh, physician, native of Colombia and living in SW Broward. I am a tropical fruit trees enthusiast. Out of not knowing better I planted few trees in my backyard doing very little soil amendment first and more later. The soil is poor as it is of the filled type, full of rocks and clay and not well drained. Despite that we have been able to harvest Lychees, sapodillas and other niceties. I successfully grafted a Glenn (My favorite mango- and I have tried many so far) and a Mme Francis mango, a White Sapote and an Alano Zapodilla (Nispero)that is a delicacy.I have a mature Sugar Apple that I have hand pollinated however the fruit drops after a while. Experts consulted have no idea of why is this happening. I also have coconut trees, Longan, Ilama, tangerine, grape,Lancetilla Mango, Orange, Fig, Wax jambu, Avocados, Bruce Canistel (bearing) Tamarinds, Yuccca, Mombin, Sweetheart Lychee,Gefener atemoya,Guanabana (SourSop) Cacao -yellow-and Red Sugar apple. My grafted Pouteria Viridis,purchased from Lara farms is in bloom once again and after 7 years or so  I think it will bear this time. I have a 6-7 feet Jaboticaba that must be around 9-10 years old and planted 2 yrs ago that has not bloomed yet. I would be happy to exchange information with the forum.

sunpup

• Maricao Puerto Rico 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 16, 2013, 02:13:57 PM »
Hello everyone
Although I have been growing tropical fruits for over thirty years I recently came across this forum and joined.
I originally lived in Naples Florida and grew all kinds of tropical plants at my home in town and on country property.  I llost a 3 acre development of lychee, longan, citrus, and banana varieties to the three problems with groeing tropicals in Florida  fire, frost, and flooding.  To more successfully pursue my interests I purchased a farm im Maricao Puerto Rico.  Maricao is one of the finest places on the planet blessed with natural beauty, nice prople, and a fantastic climate where no heat or air conditioning is ever needed!  It also enables you to enjoy nature and the out of doors without the pesty mosquitoes so prevalent in Florida.
Anyway, my particular interests are in growing tropical fruits, palms, and flowering trees, although all of the tropical plant world excites me including the fantastc native plants we have here.  I also have some property in the dry hot areas on the southwest coast to provide a different environment for fruits like mangoes which grow to enormous size in the rainy mountains but do not fruit well.
Since nothing is very level in Maricao, plantings are on steep hillsides or switchbacks constructed on the property.  Working alone, I have concentrated my plantings enjoying the beautiful native forests on the rest of the property.
I have fruited lychees, longans, rambutans, mangosteens,and citrus and bananas of all kinds easily.  Many other
Fruits like jaboticaba and langsat grow well but do not fruit.  As a strong lover of langsat from my times in Asia, I'd love any advice on how to mak my trees fruit.  Hope to hear from any of you interested in fruits or farming in Puerto Rico.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #610 on: May 16, 2013, 06:03:50 PM »
Hello everyone
Although I have been growing tropical fruits for over thirty years I recently came across this forum and joined.
I originally lived in Naples Florida and grew all kinds of tropical plants at my home in town and on country property.  I llost a 3 acre development of lychee, longan, citrus, and banana varieties to the three problems with groeing tropicals in Florida  fire, frost, and flooding.  To more successfully pursue my interests I purchased a farm im Maricao Puerto Rico.  Maricao is one of the finest places on the planet blessed with natural beauty, nice prople, and a fantastic climate where no heat or air conditioning is ever needed!  It also enables you to enjoy nature and the out of doors without the pesty mosquitoes so prevalent in Florida.
Anyway, my particular interests are in growing tropical fruits, palms, and flowering trees, although all of the tropical plant world excites me including the fantastc native plants we have here.  I also have some property in the dry hot areas on the southwest coast to provide a different environment for fruits like mangoes which grow to enormous size in the rainy mountains but do not fruit well.
Since nothing is very level in Maricao, plantings are on steep hillsides or switchbacks constructed on the property.  Working alone, I have concentrated my plantings enjoying the beautiful native forests on the rest of the property.
I have fruited lychees, longans, rambutans, mangosteens,and citrus and bananas of all kinds easily.  Many other
Fruits like jaboticaba and langsat grow well but do not fruit.  As a strong lover of langsat from my times in Asia, I'd love any advice on how to mak my trees fruit.  Hope to hear from any of you interested in fruits or farming in Puerto Rico.

Welcome to the forum. You might want to try planting longkong, which is similar to langsat, but a much better fruit: bigger, tastier, mostly seedless, and fruits faster and is more vigorous. Problem with langsat is that is very slow to fruit, but it also can fruit in your area. Jaboticabas also can fruit in your area, but again are slow to come into fruiting. Faster fruiting jaboticaba is the hybrid, also called red or precocious.
Oscar

Antman

• Eastern Free State Highlands, South Africa
    • View Profile
Hi from Sunny South Africa
« Reply #611 on: May 21, 2013, 03:33:40 PM »
Hi everyone,
   Greetings from a cold guy in the main cherry growing area of South Africa.  In these parts (Eastern Free State) we are on the foothills of the Maluti mountains and we get winters down to -11deg C.  I've had some success with a few pear and plum trees I planted starting about 12 years ago.  My nectarines all failed.
    So by next year we should be making the move to the kwaZulu Natal South coast.  Beautiful almost tropical climate.  I want to find a smallholding,  I figure even a couple of hectares with about 100 trees per hectare would be a nice size project.  The biggest problem would be troops of vervet monkeys I guess.  The wife is against the idea,  she would rather move to a small town on the coast.  With luck I might find a house with enough garden for 10 or maybe 20 trees.  I want to grow fruit that is a little less common.  On the KZN South Coast avocadoes, litchis, mangoes,  pawpaws and papayas,  bananas and macadamias are common and even grown commercially.  I'm crazy about custard apples but the last time I saw one must have been ages ago.
  Happy growing,
     Ant

MangoFang

• Palm Springs, CA, Zone 9B
  • Palm Springs, CA
    • Riverside, Palm Springs/CA, 92264,9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 21, 2013, 05:24:08 PM »
Welcome Ant - and all the new members from around the globe!

I think this is the only way world peace has a chance - across
all the fences and between countries, sharing fruit and a common
love of growing.....  :D

Anyway, good luck with the move, Ant, and do take and post some
pictures of your new spread once you get there!

MangoFang

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 22, 2013, 04:04:39 PM »
Welcome Ant. There are many south Africans and even some whenwe (zim) resettled in my neck of the woods and I hear it is hard to get a good naartjie over here.There are some good custard apples (atemoya) in SA like kaller and your new home sounds like it will be the right climate.Good luck with the move and getting the fruit trees happening.
Mike T

TuttiFrutti

• Obsessed with Nepheliums!
    • NW Florida, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 22, 2013, 09:49:51 PM »
Greetings all!

Like all of you, I too have fallen in love with tropicals.  After years of living abroad, I remember the first time I ever tasted a Rambutan and I was hooked.  Somehow I landed in NW Florida, ever more determined to grow Lychees, Rambutans and gulp...Pulasans here.  I have several other fruit trees:  varigated lemons, Satsumas, 6 varieties of olives, 15 blueberries, bamboo, grapes, peaches, cherry, passionfruit and a few other odd trees and vines.  But the tropicals have taken over my life outdoors.  I've recently constructed a rather large greenhouse, which has automatic misters, and will have a propane heater installed before summer ends.  I know Nepheliums aren't supposed to grow here; but that makes me all the more determined to try.  When not growing fruit, I can often be found tilting at windmills.

So far, my tropical seedlings are stunning.  I have about 25- two month old 6" rambutan seedlings on a heated and humidified grow bed that I devised myself and tomorrow, I intend to plant 10 Bulala seeds to add to my nephelium obsession.   I have seedling Jakfruit, Pitaya and Longan and am already frustrated by my Mangosteen seedlings.  (Just too darn slow growing!)

I am so grateful for this forum, with few exceptions everyone has been very informative and encouraging and everyone seems to know someone who has the next bit of great information. I'm here to learn and to share.  And of course, I am always looking for the next great Nephelium.  My goal is to develop a cultivar that will be more tolerant of our climate here in north Florida. I also discovered that a lovely fragrant oil can be obtained from the seeds of the Rambutan, so this year, I intend to make some Rambutan soap.

Looking forward to meeting other crazy growers of tropical fruits that-shouldn't-grow-here-but-do.
Tamara

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #615 on: May 22, 2013, 11:07:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum Tamara. Bulala might be a good rootstock to experiment with for rambutan in Florida. I know that bulala is compatible with rambutan. I don't know if it's any more cold hardy, but would guess that it might be. Main problem with bulala rootstock is that it suckers a lot, so you have to keep it pruned off below the graft.
Oscar

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 23, 2013, 05:25:03 PM »
Welcome to the forums as well Tamara. Would love to see pictures of the green house setup sometime in the future.

cgps

• general fruticulture
  • really, i am new always
    • san jose of cúcuta, north of santander, Colombia,tropical dry weather,max 38min18, 40%RH
    • View Profile
    • agroengineer in progress
« Reply #617 on: May 27, 2013, 10:22:53 PM »
hi, I´m camilo, student of agronomy engineer,i really interests me the growing of temperate fruits adapted to the tropic,I´m also growing tropical fruits like goldenberry, castilla´s blackberry and guayabas.

actually, I live in san jose of cúcuta, colombia but, this city is border with venezuela, which makes so trade for the place.

this forum content important knowledge what is special for me, also is very amazing. ;D

murraystevena2

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 28, 2013, 12:46:42 AM »
Welcome bienvenidos

Camilo mucho gusto de conocerte
Very nice to meet another person studying agronomy, tambien estoy estudiando agronomia, pero en los EEUU. You are lucky to live in a place with so many interesting species of fruiting plants. I also grow Mora de castilla and its one of my favorite tropical rubus species. This is a very good place to find and trade rare fruits and there is a lot of information available, aqui es un buen lugar si quierias hacer intercambios de semillas, y se pueda incontrar much informacion sobre frutas.

Mi gustaria ver fotos de las frutas locales que se tiene en este lado del mundo.
I would like to see some photos of the fruits from the part of the world.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:50:36 AM by murraystevena2 »

cgps

• general fruticulture
  • really, i am new always
    • san jose of cúcuta, north of santander, Colombia,tropical dry weather,max 38min18, 40%RH
    • View Profile
    • agroengineer in progress
« Reply #619 on: May 28, 2013, 07:24:12 PM »
Welcome bienvenidos

Camilo mucho gusto de conocerte
Very nice to meet another person studying agronomy, tambien estoy estudiando agronomia, pero en los EEUU. You are lucky to live in a place with so many interesting species of fruiting plants. I also grow Mora de castilla and its one of my favorite tropical rubus species. This is a very good place to find and trade rare fruits and there is a lot of information available, aqui es un buen lugar si quierias hacer intercambios de semillas, y se pueda incontrar much informacion sobre frutas.

Mi gustaria ver fotos de las frutas locales que se tiene en este lado del mundo.
I would like to see some photos of the fruits from the part of the world.

thanks, really nice to meet you, here find fruits like soursoup, yellow maracuya, tuna fig, dragon fruit, quenepa, many kinds of mangoes, star fruits, lulo, cocona and many fruits more..

I here try to grow fruits of fresh climate like goldenberry, castilla´s black berry, starberries, but I search also tropical´s acclimated varieties of peach, apple, plums and cherries, ¿ how I here can to find this kind of plants?

greetings, camille

tropidi

• California
    • View Profile
Mango Maniac seeks fruit
« Reply #620 on: June 04, 2013, 10:58:56 PM »
Hello,

I'm glad I found this forum. It's great to be in a space with a bunch of other tropical fruit lovers.

I'm a Mango Maniac currently living in SoCal with no mango or other tropical/subtropical fruit trees at my house.  :(

If anyone has good mangoes (spicy ones, especially) to sell me, please let me know! I can pick them up in person in So Fla in mid-July. Otherwise, I'll pay for shipping. Did you know that a great way to ship mangoes is by wrapping each one in bubble wrap? It really works - much better than any other packaging that I've tried.

I would also like to buy other great fruits, like mamey sapote (I've seen some horrible ones in stores around here), sapodilla, white and black sapote, jack fruit, paw paws (which I haven't been able to try yet), ...

I noticed a company selling mangosteens online (along with other fruits at high prices). Does anyone know if these could possibly be fresh? I wouldn't want to pay a fortune for frozen mangosteens.

Tropimalaga

• Spain,Malaga,Velez-Malaga,10a
    • View Profile
    • Frutalestropicales
« Reply #621 on: June 06, 2013, 05:33:59 PM »
Hi, has long wanted to participate in this great forum and meeting point for lovers of tropical fruits.
I hope to help in any way possible and learn from the great masters who appear here. I'll put my list of varieties and tropical species now I have on my farm. I own the web www.frutalestropicales.com, and prefer more sharing than selling. My English language is not very good, but hopefully enough to defend myself. Greetings and a big hug to everyone.

Grafting zone for tropical fruit trees

Zambezi

• USA, Houston, TX. Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 07, 2013, 11:35:06 AM »
HI Tropimalaga...:)

Welcome to the forum..:) You've a great collection... and don't worry about your English, I think you'll do just fine.

Miguel.pt

• Portugal, Northwest, climate 9a/9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 07, 2013, 05:48:59 PM »
Hi, has long wanted to participate in this great forum and meeting point for lovers of tropical fruits.
I hope to help in any way possible and learn from the great masters who appear here. I'll put my list of varieties and tropical species now I have on my farm. I own the web www.frutalestropicales.com, and prefer more sharing than selling. My English language is not very good, but hopefully enough to defend myself. Greetings and a big hug to everyone.

Grafting zone for tropical fruit trees

Holla Tropimalaga y bienvenido!

me he conectado solo para darte la bienvenida al forum... y me ha gustado de ver el bierzo de mis más recientes annonas,atemoyas y lo demás...

Como va la Pindaíba (Duguetia lanceolata)?...te parece gustar de Málaga?

Un abrazo desde Portugal
Miguel

Mod Edit: Google Translate below:

Tropimalaga Hello and welcome!

I have connected only to welcome you to the forum ... and I liked to see the birthplace of my most recent annonas, atemoyas and others ...

How's the Pindaíba (Duguetia lanceolata)? ...Do you think it enjoys Malaga?

A hug from Portugal
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 03:31:34 AM by Miguel.pt »

Tropimalaga

• Spain,Malaga,Velez-Malaga,10a
    • View Profile
    • Frutalestropicales
« Reply #624 on: June 07, 2013, 07:47:26 PM »
Hola Miguel, veo que estoy en el mejor fórum para nuestra afición y passion, además  rodeado de grandes amigos actuales y posiblemente algunos futuros. Como sabes los injertos son para mí un aliciente extra en el cultivo de nuevas variedades y especies, siendo el intercambio de variedades para injerto algo muy interesante para todos los de este foro. Me ofrezco para este tema de forma desinteresada.
No se si sera correcto o incumplimos alguna norma al escribir en Español, si esto es asi intentare por respeto a los demas solo escribir en Ingles. La Duguetia esta muy bien pero en maceta todavia  ;D. Un abrazo amigo.

Mod edit: I added the google translation below:

Hi Michael, I see I'm in the best forum for our hobby and passion, and surrounded by great friends and possibly some future today. As you know grafts are gives me extra incentive in the cultivation of new varieties and species, with the exchange of varieties to graft something very interesting for all of this forum. I offer to this topic as volunteers.
Do not know if it right or we fail to write some Spanish rule, if this is so will try out of respect for others only write in English. The Duguetia is very good but still potted. A hug friend.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:04:39 PM by murahilin »