Author Topic: Fruiting 25 gl and 20 gl Yellow Jaboticaba + Beach Cambuca (M. strigipes)  (Read 804 times)

tanfenton

• United States, FL, Palm City, 10A
    • View Profile
On offer are two fruiting yellow jaboticaba (Myrciaria glazioviana). The bigger of the two trees is in a 25 gallon container. The smaller of the two trees is in a 20 gallon container. Both fruit at least twice each year, once in the spring and again in the fall. The 25 gallon tree has a side branch grafted to beach cambuca (Myrciaria strigipes), and there is enough budwood available at this growing point to complete multiple grafts to any compatible rootstock that you might have on hand. The side-worked branch has fruited two out of the three years since it was grafted, and as anyone who has tasted M. strigipes knows, it is well worth spreading in the small nursery trade and home gardens of Florida. This is an opportunity to get a rootstock-producing factory and strigipes budwood for the price of a standard tree of this size (or a smaller fruiting tree for less money).

I struggle to price these items since there are no nurseries (even small ones) that sell this species of jaboticaba in containers of this size.  However, I am looking to get $275.00 for the 25 gl with M. strigipes and $210 for the 20 gl. Cash and pick-up are preferred. I am located in Martin County (Treasure Coast) for those who may be traveling from other parts of the state for pick-up.

25 gl on the left, 20 gl on the right

An overview of the comparative leaf structure of M. glazioviana and M. strigipes

A close-up of the side branch grafted to M. strigipes

pop_kun

• Hayward, CA
    • View Profile
what a deal! <3

If I was local I would get bouf in a heartbeat. Leaves n shape lookin gorge.

Bobooshki

• Palm Bay
    • View Profile
PMed you — very interested. If you still have it I’ll take the big one with the strigipes grafted.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 09:15:37 PM by Bobooshki »
Robert

Bobooshki

• Palm Bay
    • View Profile
It was a pleasure meeting Nathaniel today. Thanks for the great trees!
Robert

JR561

• Boynton Beach, Florida 33437 10b
    • View Profile
PM sent

tanfenton

• United States, FL, Palm City, 10A
    • View Profile
Robert (Bobooshki) knows what's up. These two trees have been sold and now reside in Palm Bay. Thank you to everyone who took the time to inquire about them!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk