Author Topic: For Sale: Taking Final-Orders for Loquat Seeds  (Read 1532 times)

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
For Sale: Taking Final-Orders for Loquat Seeds
« on: March 30, 2021, 02:21:42 AM »
Hi, I have been getting some request to buy loquat seeds so if there is enough interest then I will save the seeds and sell it to those who make a commitment to purchase.

Just some background info on my loquat seedling trees. All my loquat seedling trees are from natural cross pollination of the flowers on my 12 large trees I'm growing which are fruiting trees. So far, these seedlings have been good to me, I have 16 different seedling trees which have fruited or ready to fruit this year. Of these seedling trees, I ended up with 9 very good fruiting trees. It takes from 3-6 yrs for the seedling tree to start fruiting.

Big Jim - orange flesh fruit, very sweet, top 3 in taste. Excellent when fully ripe. When eaten first week of yellow color, taste is sweet/tart
Vista White - white flesh fruit, very sweet with no tartnes, top 2 in taste.
KT1-Kosmic - white/yellow flesh, from my seedling tree, very productive, sweet with some tartness, top 5 in taste.

Here's the trees I will take fruits/seeds from:
1. Big Jim - cost is 4/ $1
2. Vista White- cost is 4/ $1
3. KT1-Kosmic- cost is 4/ $1

Minimum order is $10 (40 seeds) plus priority mail shipping of $8.45

Limit is minimum order of 40 seeds, maximum of 100 seeds per person.
-> Sale is to only those states that allow loquat seeds.

Only taking Paypal for payment.
Contiguous USA only.

The three trees I will get seeds from usually have ripe fruit in April/May.

KT1-Kosmic

Vista White

Big Jim

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:47:23 AM by sc4001992 »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale: Taking Pre-Orders for Loquat Seeds
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 01:35:54 PM »
My Big Jim tree has ripe fruits now, will be picking the fruits, save some seeds for those who placed orders.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 02:15:12 PM »
Here's photo from my Vista White.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 04:41:08 AM »
All of my Big Jim fruits are ripe now so I will harvest some seeds for those on the advance order list.
If you would like to reserve some Big Jim seeds, let me know before the end of this week (4/17).

The Vista White and KT1-Kosmic is just starting to turn color so the fruits may not be ready for 2 more weeks.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 04:21:06 PM by sc4001992 »

Viking Guy

• AKME Gardens
    • USA, AL, Silverhill, 8B
    • View Profile
    • AKME Gardens Website
Re: For Sale: Taking Pre-Orders for Loquat Seeds & some fruits (Limited)
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 09:37:48 AM »
Kaz, on the fruits you're sending to folks, make sure you leave them on their cluster like you would grapes or tomatoes.   They last far longer and survive the transit.  If you remove the fruits individually, they will spoil within 2-3 days without refrigeration.  You were probably already doing this knowing you, but thought I'd make an honorable mention after sending the fruits around in numerous ways and seeing what worked best.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 12:39:40 PM »
Adam, thanks for the heads up on this. Yah, problem with trying to keep the entire cluster to ship for me is that the cost to ship will be much more than my estimate so I may only be able to do that for local people (CA) or it won't be worth it for the buyer.

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 09:37:19 AM »
Maybe if you cut the clusters off you could then trim them from each other but reserving a piece of stem on each fruit as to not expose the rip on the flesh of the fruit like when just plucked from the tree.

At any rate I would buy a good handful of seeds from you. When ready let me know.
Trying to grow it all!

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 09:40:25 AM »
Yes, that is how I cut fruits with short stem on it. Keeps them from going bad sooner.
If you like to order some seeds then send me a PM for quantity, etc and I will put you down on the waiting list.

Looks like I'm done harvesting the Big Jim seeds so they can start to ship out. The Vista White and Kosmic fruits are still not ripe.

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 11:49:50 AM »
Idk how much trouble it would be to send a variety pack in a bigger box. Wouldn't mind 10 seeds or so of each type. I can PM you if you want to discuss it further. Don't mind just the seeds but would love to try the fruit. Never tried any improved loquat. Just random seedling trees.
Trying to grow it all!

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 02:38:43 PM »
Send me a PM about fruits. The main problem I have with trying to send fruits is the cost to ship is ridiculous. Shipping to east cost is about $15, I just sent one box and took a loss. I couldn't see paying over $20 for a couple dozen loquat fruits. That's the reason I mention here that I will only use the small flat rate box and you get how much fruits can fit. I'm not trying to make a profit providing some fruits, just sharing it with those that have not tasted good fruits so really don't need to sell a lot of fruits to just one person (defeats my purpose for doing it).

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 04:07:04 PM »
All the Big Jim fruits will be picked this weekend so if you still like to order the seeds for it, let me know by Sunday.
No more seeds from Big Jim after Sunday 4/18.

Those that have made the Pre-Orders are on the list to get these seeds first.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 02:26:07 AM »
Please place your orders with me this week since I will be harvesting the fruits from Vista White and KT1-Kosmic and should be able to have all three varieties to ship out by Monday.

If you did not get a confirmation from me that you are on the advance waiting list then send me a PM so I can check the list.
No more pre-orders after Monday, 4/25.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:34:00 AM by sc4001992 »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale: Taking Final-Orders for Loquat Seeds & some fruits (Limited)
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2021, 06:36:21 AM »
Final orders:

No more Big Jim seeds for new orders.

I still have more ripe fruits on the trees for KT1-Kosmic and Vista White.
If you would like to order seeds, I will be harvesting them this week and weekend. Should be able to ship it out next Monday (5/3).

Here's the cost for seeds:
1. Big Jim - cost is 4/ $1 [Limited]
2. Vista White- cost is 4/ $1 [Limited]
3. KT1-Kosmic- cost is 4/ $1

Minimum order is $10 (40 seeds, any combination of variety is ok) plus priority mail shipping of $8.45
-> Sale is to only those states that allow loquat seeds.

Only taking Paypal for payment.
Send me PM if you're interested in purchasing. The seeds will be in plastic bag with vermiculite.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:37:22 PM by sc4001992 »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale: Taking Final-Orders for Loquat Seeds
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 01:40:42 PM »
For those of you that have pre-ordered, please make your payment, send me PM for details.
Here's my list of seed orders, if you don't see your name on this list send me a PM to add/correct any errors on my list:

Since I still have some ripe fruits, I will try to send one each of the variety you ordered (not sure how it will take shipping).
Once all seeds are shipped and received, I will delete this post.

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale: Taking Final-Orders for Loquat Seeds
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2021, 03:57:20 PM »
Sorry for the delay in this order, my Vista White took longer than I thought for fruits to ripen.

Now they are all ripe and I have cut the fruits and am in the process of removing all the seeds from the fruit, clean, then pack in vermiculite for shipment.

Your orders will ship out on Monday, I will provide the tracing info.

FYI, I had a large branch on my seedling tree, KT4 which broke off due to too much fruits so I will be selling limited quantity of the fallen fruits from this branch. See my new post if you want to add these seeds to your order.

Kaz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk