Author Topic: I love the rains today. All day long in SE Florida  (Read 974 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
I love the rains today. All day long in SE Florida
« on: July 08, 2021, 05:08:14 PM »
The rains falling down today on the just and and the unjust. It is greening up all lawns here. You might be an atheist but it doesn't matter.... You are still getting God's righteous rain coming down on your trees and plants.

1rainman

• Florida
    • View Profile
Re: I love the rains today. All day long in SE Florida
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 05:10:55 PM »
Really you get that little rain in East Florida? Southwest Florida is monsoon rains daily then three feet of storm surge from the tropical storm. Half the year (winter) is dry season, the summer is rainy season with rain almost every day.

Gone tropo

• Durian obsessed
    • Nth Qld Australia, zone 13a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 11:57:18 PM »
Ive had 2534mm (96inches) in my yard so far this year and that is fairly dry compared to some places near here who have already had 168inches this year

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 02:16:01 PM »
Ive had 2534mm (96inches) in my yard so far this year and that is fairly dry compared to some places near here who have already had 168inches this year

96" so far. Dang, send some our way in CA, we barely hit 6" if that. worst dry season ever. Arizona got more rain than we did.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 09:41:32 PM »

96" so far. Dang, send some our way in CA, we barely hit 6" if that. worst dry season ever. Arizona got more rain than we did.
Not good, Cal.  Not good.  :(  :'(
John

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 10:01:49 PM »
You may be drinking the holy blood of christ, it doesn’t matter, lawns still suck.

Gone tropo

• Durian obsessed
    • Nth Qld Australia, zone 13a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 10:26:42 PM »
The rains falling down today on the just and and the unjust. It is greening up all lawns here. You might be an atheist but it doesn't matter.... You are still getting God's righteous rain coming down on your trees and plants.

Amen brother give thanks to the lord for he is good his love endures forever
Psalm 107:1

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2021, 11:06:49 PM »
The rain falls on the flowers and the weeds. That is one of my wife's favorite sayings. She may be insinuating that I am a weed.
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 01:59:41 PM »

I'm an hour north of Sacramento. We hit 115 this weekend and have had less than 9 inches of rain this year. :(
-Kris

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 02:11:04 PM »
In the 70's and raining here.  I guess even with the risk of hurricanes it's worth living here.  Rain=life.  No water=death.  (But the mountains of sargassum seaweed choking the beach the entire summer now is another story.  That seems likes some sort of Atlantic Ocean ecological crisis!)
John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk