Author Topic: Temporary fencing just for mango season  (Read 548 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Temporary fencing just for mango season
« on: July 10, 2021, 12:47:16 AM »
I I have about 80 feet on the back of my lot that has a wonderful view that I do not want to obstruct. Now that my wife realized we have the best top-tier mangoes she's paranoid that someone will a few of our I-tal provisions i.e mangos. I'm not too concerned because the bank is very steep and only a few fishermen timer back that way. So I'm thinking of using this kind of fencing with steel Stakes just for the short period that the mangoes are inviting for someone to snatch.
Has anyone else contemplating doing something like this. I know run a hot wire across the top just to make her happy >:(

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/horse-fence-panel-5-ft-x-16-ft
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary fencing just for mango season
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 01:38:15 AM »
Use T posts and a 100ft roll of welded wire.
Brad Spaugh

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 03:34:14 AM »
Hot wire the I-tal to  the Who-Tay. Set the meter at 10,000 volts. This will take care of  all predators.  Including fishermen  and  capybara.

80 year old mother-in-law used wire and a steak to save it.

Is she still around begging for OS mangoes? Have her pound in the steaks for the 10,ooo volt hot wire. Put the ol gal to work.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 03:52:19 AM by zands »

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 12:40:10 PM »
Hot wire the I-tal to  the Who-Tay. Set the meter at 10,000 volts. This will take care of  all predators.  Including fishermen  and  capybara.

80 year old mother-in-law used wire and a steak to save it.

Is she still around begging for OS mangoes? Have her pound in the steaks for the 10,ooo volt hot wire. Put the ol gal to work.
Maybe I should put the electric wire at knee high level
And plant a pee tree bush. That should make them drop their rod and reel.

What I like about the panel's is they are easily stacked would go up quite quickly and they are 4 in wide so you can't put your foot in it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 12:58:38 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 01:11:22 PM »
Post some signs and then get one of those motion activated Critter water sprayer thingies. It won’t look as bad as a fence and it should scare away 2 and 4 legged creatures.

Simon

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 01:14:21 PM »
Here’s a video

https://youtu.be/wItHytj9BDs

I’m not a bot, lol!

Simon