Author Topic: Cancer-Fighting Fruits/Leaves/Plants  (Read 22004 times)

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Re: Cancer-Fighting Fruits/Leaves/Plants
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 11:14:28 AM »
Supposedly nothing in plant world beats broccoli sprouts in cancer fighting properties. About 40 times more effective than mature broccoli.  Also try sap of croton lechleri
http://www.rain-tree.com/sangre.htm#.UYfIZb4o5Ms

Kay

• Taiwan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 11:31:35 AM »
I have a friend who was diagnosed with stomach cancer recently.  He just started chemotherapy last week.  Thanks for all the replies.

The chemo is suppose to be the thing fighting the cancer, unfortunately it knocks out pretty much everything in your body.  if taking chemo, in my opinion, you should be focusing more on taking things to feel well enough to eat/drink/feel not horrible.  Chemo is horrible for most people, more than finding cancer fighting foods its important to make it so that people can actually eat anything.  often times chemo is a the end for cancer patients as they just lose their fight and cant handle any more pain/discomfort so they dont eat/drink and a very very bad circle begins ( have seen different family both be dominated by this and concquer it to live decent lives).

making plant foods that are good for cancer might be better in forms of extracts or drinks, eating can be difficult for many people feeling nauseous with this kind of thing.  depends on your friend, hopefully he can eat things, but stomach cancer and chemo sounds like maybe eating/drinking could be a problem.

Although i am not a big fan of drug use, Cannabis does seem to be one of the best options for people in chemo and serious illness with problems of nausea and lack of appetite.  I wouldnt recommend it normally, but i have seen this work very effectively in similar situations, ti was very amazing.  as the doctor treating my grandmother in hospice (she needed up leaving and living a few years more in relative happiness), it doesnt really matter what kind of tea of fruit she eats, so long as she is eating and drinking (this during chemo treatment).  he told us frankly if its getting water in her, its helping (we were asking about reishi mushroom). 

i have found with my friends and family (unfortunately lots of cancer) that more than specific cancer fighting foods, one just needs to focus on eating, and not throwing up, healthy foods.  if one food is better at cancer fighting than another, but it cant be stomached or enjoyed, then it is not as effective as the other plant contain a lower % of ABC cancer fighting chemical.  happiness and healthy lifestyle have been the BIGGEST life altering events in my family with cancer.

depression, laziness, unhealthy lifestyle, and physical pain are to cancer what gasoline is to fire.  power of the mind might just be the most effective fruit of all.

cancer is a bad nasty thing, but its beatable.  I have much hope for your friend and hope he or shee can pull through with an eventual smile on their face :)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »
CWOJO,
The Doctors  from IMSS in Mexico recommend Tea from the leaf's of Guanabana (Soursop)for prevention of cancer,also the pulp
and even more recommended Carambola daily.

not to be rude, but you provided an answer to a question i did not ask. I have read a GREAT deal of articles on natural cancer treatment and prevention. go back to my original message and look what i highlighted.

I want to see the source that says "ALL cancer starts in the liver"
and I want to see a source about taking baking soda to lower ph, because that is the silliest thing I have heard so far

"ALL cancer starts in the liver"  -- Max Gerson you might have to buy his book. He pioneered this years ago. The liver is your major detox organ. Make a supreme effort to clean it up and you have a fighting chance with C. Conversely-- your fouled up liver makes you more susceptible to cancer.
baking soda to lower ph   >>>> all over the internet

BTW you are not being rude but the sources are easy  to find whether you agree or disagree
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:40:26 PM by zands »

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 02:25:28 AM »
Dr Gerson, read a lot about him, his treatment has cured thousands, part of his treatment requires coffee enemas,  this stimulates the liver, to help detox the body.
http://www.gallbladderattack.com/coffeeenema.shtml]
[url]http://www.gallbladderattack.com/coffeeenema.shtml
[/url]

Another formulation that has been a traditional substance to help against cancer is Essiac

http://www.motherearthherbs.com/history.html

Cancer - The Forbidden Cures

William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 04:24:39 PM »
Tropicdude----

Max Gerson figured out what TCM has known for centuries. If your internal organs are an army then the liver is the General. The Chinese consider gall bladder and liver to be very close in operation and obviously they are very close physically. So back to Gerson, cure your liver if you want to cure your cancer via alternative medicine. I once spoke to his daughter about a friend with MS and she said that MS also starts in the liver meaning those with a weak liver might get MS from it. Genetic pre-disposition counts and so do your activities in life

Yes there are coffee enema+apple juice based regimes for expelling crap from the gall bladder. I did a few of them a while back. Some claim gall stones are expelled this way but now I am not so sure. But I can verify the gall bladder will be flushed and will feel smaller and empty afterwards. Calcium is depleted by coffee enemas so calcium supplements are good if do them a lot

Anyone who wants chemo and radiation? ___ Go have your fun if that's your choice, it's no skin off my nose.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:30:59 PM by zands »

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 06:03:34 PM »
Tropicdude----

Max Gerson figured out what TCM has known for centuries. If your internal organs are an army then the liver is the General. The Chinese consider gall bladder and liver to be very close in operation and obviously they are very close physically. So back to Gerson, cure your liver if you want to cure your cancer via alternative medicine. I once spoke to his daughter about a friend with MS and she said that MS also starts in the liver meaning those with a weak liver might get MS from it. Genetic pre-disposition counts and so do your activities in life

Yes there are coffee enema+apple juice based regimes for expelling crap from the gall bladder. I did a few of them a while back. Some claim gall stones are expelled this way but now I am not so sure. But I can verify the gall bladder will be flushed and will feel smaller and empty afterwards. Calcium is depleted by coffee enemas so calcium supplements are good if do them a lot

Anyone who wants chemo and radiation? ___ Go have your fun if that's your choice, it's no skin off my nose.

Had a neighbor, who I consider a friend, he died last year of a recurring cancer of the liver.  he had it 2 years previous, but had part of his liver removed, and did the chemo etc. he was considered cancer free after that, I got to know him during that period,  he got it back, same place, in the Liver,  he tried to do the juicing but every time he felt better , he would start eating meat and BBQs etc. I tried to convince him to eat healthier,  but he continued, anyway, the Cancer spread all over within months, Lungs, pancreas etc.  which kind of proves your point, the liver is the "general" once it cant do its job, the enemy takes over.   I felt bad over his death, he was one of the nicest people I have known, but I am also angry that he didn't take care of himself when he could.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 06:36:44 PM »
I thought baking soda is alkaline and therefore raises pH.  OTOH I recently read that vinegar makes the body more alkaline even though it's acidic going in. Sounds counter-intuitive to me but I don't know if it's true.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 06:44:29 PM »
I thought baking soda is alkaline and therefore raises pH.  OTOH I recently read that vinegar makes the body more alkaline even though it's acidic going in. Sounds counter-intuitive to me but I don't know if it's true.

Yes it sounds counter intuitive, but it's true, acid, like vinegar, or citric acid, will make your urine alkaline. Baking soda also works mixed in water.
Oscar

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2013, 11:22:28 PM »
Another fruit tree related to Guanabana is the North American native, Pawpaw (northern pawpaw, not the Caribbean papaya).  Extract of its twigs, cut in the Spring, is many times more potent than Soursop.  See the work of Dr. Jerry McGlaughlin, pharmacognocist, of Purdue U. 

Nature's Sunshine Products sells "Paw Paw CellReg".
Har

Kay

• Taiwan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 07:36:19 AM »
he had it 2 years previous, but had part of his liver removed, and did the chemo etc. he was considered cancer free after that, I got to know him during that period,  he got it back, same place, in the Liver,  he tried to do the juicing but every time he felt better , he would start eating meat and BBQs etc. I tried to convince him to eat healthier,  but he continued, anyway, the Cancer spread all over within months, Lungs, pancreas etc. 

kind of like taking meds to kill the flu, and afterwards still never washing your hands.  curing cancer seems more related to lifestyle change than hardcore radiation poisoning.

anyone see movie "Forks over Knives"?  not the best of quality, but it raises some interesting points and gives some names to research later on.

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile

Future

• The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »
The best non-edibles for cancer and peace and joy!  If taking chemo, and I am by not  means suggesting me should, astragalus is a must to increase white blood cell count and stave off ill effects of radiation.  Organic seaweed for iodine.  Beyond this, there are plenty of foods as others have already mentioned.  The China Study also implicates animal protein in the diet as supportive of cancer proliferation, big time.

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2013, 10:55:49 PM »
An appropriate mix of natural and organic vegetables, fruits, nuts, berries and staples such as organic rice, beans, roots... The idea is to keep out all, or most, of artificial flavors, preservatives, colors, pesticides...
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

cwojo

• Boynton Beach, FL 33436 zone 10a/10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, 11:48:39 PM »
CWOJO,
The Doctors  from IMSS in Mexico recommend Tea from the leaf's of Guanabana (Soursop)for prevention of cancer,also the pulp

not to be rude, but you provided an answer to a question i did not ask. I have read a GREAT deal of articles on natural cancer treatment and prevention. go back to my original message and look what i highlighted.

and I want to see a source about taking baking soda to lower ph, because that is the silliest thing I have heard so far

"ALL cancer starts in the liver"  -- Max Gerson you might have to buy his book. He pioneered this years ago. The liver is your major detox organ. Make a supreme effort to clean it up and you have a fighting chance with C. Conversely-- your fouled up liver makes you more susceptible to cancer.

BTW you are not being rude but the sources are easy  to find whether you agree or disagree
Just cuz you read something on google does not make it an effective or safe treatment or remedy, so quoting a google search to back advice makes you look like a donkey. I agree a healthy liver prevents toxins from running rampant through your bloodstream, but not ALL cancer starts in the liver. I haven't read the book but I am guessing you misinterpreted what was said. I am not sure what your career is or what your family has gone through, but being a paramedic and having a father with lung cancer when I was younger, mother with malignant melanoma... I believe I would know more than a keyboard warrior. Soursop tea from the leaves would do the same thing as radiation, uv rays don't pass through the liver, and baking soda as a remedy would not only hinder what meds a doctor would have you on, it could change your body's delicate ph range outside of 7.35-7.45 and kill you before the cancer does. No hard feelings.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 02:08:31 AM »
An appropriate mix of natural and organic vegetables, fruits, nuts, berries and staples such as organic rice, beans, roots... The idea is to keep out all, or most, of artificial flavors, preservatives, colors, pesticides...

Yes, you're on the right track. Eat well BEFORE you get cancer. In addition to what you say also try to avoid processed foods, most of them have some kind of junk in them. I know it's hard, but as much as possible avoid eating out, as most restaurants also use junkie ingredients...unless you go to very expensive gourmet/organic restaurants.
Other important factors besides diet are environment...where do you work, where do you live? Try to live and work in clean environments. If you can't do that at least expose yourself to pollutants (smog, pesticides, and other chemicals) as little as possible. It's been well proven scientifically that air pollution and pesticides considerably raise the risk of certain cancers.
Oscar

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 04:18:59 AM »
Dragonfruit, specialy the red ones have a lot of antioxidants... all the red fruits have them!  :P

From the sea

• Big Island Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 08:30:16 AM »
i've read loquat leaves made into a tea, but not in excess.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 08:57:39 AM »
My friend (57 years of age) died November 4.  He was diagnosed with stomach cancer last spring, started chemo in May, and was supposed to have most of his stomach removed in August, but when they cut him open they found the cancer had already spread too far.  He listened to a lot of ideas about alternative, naturalistic therapies (many of his friends, yours truly included, not believing in chemo for stomach cancer), but he and his wife felt that only conventional medical treatment was legitimate and desirable.  He was receiving chemo almost to the end, and he died a very painful death.  This was someone who always believed in fruits, vegetables, and a healthy diet along with ample exercise (although he was ever the protein fanatic, consuming daily protein shakes and processsed egg whites for breakfast even when sick). 

Maybe he could have saved himself, maybe not.  But at least he could have tried, instead of surrendering himself to doctors, who only do what they've been trained to do. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:24:07 AM by johnb51 »
John

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 09:16:20 AM »
Another very good thing is moringa oleífera dry leaves tea, and raw leaves in salad and soup.

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 09:20:52 AM »
CWOJO,

Just cuz you read something on google does not make it an effective or safe treatment or remedy, so quoting a google search to back advice makes you look like a donkey. I agree a healthy liver prevents toxins from running rampant through your bloodstream, but not ALL cancer starts in the liver. I haven't read the book but I am guessing you misinterpreted what was said. I am not sure what your career is or what your family has gone through, but being a paramedic and having a father with lung cancer when I was younger, mother with malignant melanoma... I believe I would know more than a keyboard warrior. Soursop tea from the leaves would do the same thing as radiation, uv rays don't pass through the liver, and baking soda as a remedy would not only hinder what meds a doctor would have you on, it could change your body's delicate ph range outside of 7.35-7.45 and kill you before the cancer does. No hard feelings.

All cancer starts in the liver. This is what Dr Max Gerson said in the 1940s. I agree with him. Chinese medicine backs up the liver's utmost importance. Skin cancer?? You are likely correct and the liver doesn't have as much bearing as on an internal cancer. The deeper inside the cancer the more difficult to cure. So skin cancer is easier to cure and survive though of course some die from it.

Max Gerson made his mark in Germany. Not too much skin cancer there so I doubt he addressed it. If someone with cancer has decent body weight and vitality I could give him some very good ideas and things to look into. I could point him in the right direction. But many or most can't give up the pulled pork sandwiches and coca-cola for a year or two so they should go the slash and burn medical route with chemo, radiation and so on. There are some cures this way or the person gets another 5-10-15 years of life but cancer may come back. If it comes back after 15 years and kills you, you still got an extra 15 years of life.

Dr Gerson wrote books that I read. I did not read about him via google. You too can read his books instead of his organizations website
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:43:50 AM by zands »

boukmn

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 11:46:50 AM »
I came across this recently.   In Ayurveda medicine they have been using a cocktail of  Fagonia cretica, Tumaric and Fenugreek (aka Holy Basil) to this day to treat various forms of cancer.  This is not "healthstore lore" but a serious, scientifically reviewed and published undertaking: http://www.fagoniacreticaforcancer.com/

These folks will tell you how to develop a treatment regime depending on your treatment stage if you contact them.   BTW, you can find the tea and powder of Fagonia cretica online.

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 12:13:56 PM »
I came across this recently.   In Ayurveda medicine they have been using a cocktail of  Fagonia cretica, Tumaric and Fenugreek (aka Holy Basil) to this day to treat various forms of cancer.  This is not "healthstore lore" but a serious, scientifically reviewed and published undertaking: http://www.fagoniacreticaforcancer.com/

These folks will tell you how to develop a treatment regime depending on your treatment stage if you contact them.   BTW, you can find the tea and powder of Fagonia cretica online.

We couldn't get my friend to try something different.  Was it fear?  Even though the doctors only gave him six months to 2 years with their methods!
John

johnb51

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »

I agree with you, Leo.  Also, grassfed beef and lamb, wild fish, and free-range, pasture-raised chicken (and eggs) eaten in moderation are generally beneficial.  Stay away from processed foods and sugar!  Get daily exercise and breathe clean air.
John

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2013, 04:11:31 PM »
I'm not sure where I read it but somewhere, I read that some people believe that some types of cancer are caused by chronic inflammation. Inflamation itself can be caused by many things including stress. Somewhere, it was suggested that cutting out sugar can significantly alleviate chronic inflammation in those individuals that are sensitive to sugar. After reading this I bought myself several Miracle fruit plants. When I do have ripe berries on my trees, I am able to significantly reduce my sugar intake by making lemonade and passionfruit ade without any sugar at all. I get my sugar fix and can go the rest of my day without artificially sweetened drinks.
Simon

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2013, 04:17:59 PM »

We couldn't get my friend to try something different.  Was it fear?  Even though the doctors only gave him six months to 2 years with their methods!

It's probably fear + a whole host of other things. In our society radiation + chemo. are the accepted normal treatments, even though it's also well known that the cure might be worse than the disease. The best route ofcourse is to inform yourself about what is the most appropriate way to treat yourself in your particular situation. The problem is that once you are seriously ill you don't have the energy or much desire to do much research and to inform yourself and make wise decisions. I think most people prefer to surrender themselves into the hands of what they think are "professionals". Many people even consider their doctor to be their little god. Personally i have a very deep distrust of most of western medicine and many of their techniques (allopathy). But if you are not well informed before disaster strikes you probably aren't going to choose the right course of action. Illness affects your ability to make wise decisions for yourself.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk