Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: Unrelated (directly) to fruit  (Read 292 times)

gnappi

• South East Florida (U.S.A) Zone 10A
    • View Profile
Unrelated (directly) to fruit
« on: December 31, 2019, 01:28:27 PM »
Several years ago I came home unexpectedly and found a pest control truck in front of my house with MY hose filling his several hundred gallon tank! Luckily I got there before the tank was full (maybe a few inches in it) and I pulled the hose. The idiot was actually pissed at me till I called the police and gave them his tag number, he beat it out of there FAST!

Another time, I had a $70 water bill, and my neighbor's roof was miraculously pressure cleaned in the same billing cycle.

After that, I bought two Mueller 103-501RP Magnet Hose Bib End Locks which worked for a few years until it rusted tight and I no longer needed the magnetic key to remove it from the bibb.

So, I'm on the search for a hose bibb water lock, that's reasonably easy to use and will not fail. Anyone have ideas?

Regards,

Gary

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
Re: Unrelated (directly) to fruit
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 02:00:20 PM »
Gary, where I used to live people would always use your water. That didnít really bother me but not turning it off after they used it did. What I did was remove the handle, it had a unique fit to it only the handle could turn it. Never had an issue after that.
Donít rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

gnappi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 01:31:21 PM »
Gary, where I used to live people would always use your water. That didnít really bother me but not turning it off after they used it did. What I did was remove the handle, it had a unique fit to it only the handle could turn it. Never had an issue after that.

People ALWAYS stole (Yes, it's STOLE not use... use is borrowing a wrench and and giving it back) water? REALLY? And it didn't bother you? Gads now that's a nice guy.

Me, I'm not nice at all. Despite having a well, my water bills are $45 a month. Instances of water theft made that nearly double, that's a lot of money to support other peeps who won't use their own water. They use other's water because THEY want ME to pay for their water, not gonna happen.

A neighbor's well pump was burned out because a thief left the pump on without the water running... burned the impeller, a $300+ repair to be a nice guy is too much.

Regards,

Gary

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 04:06:39 PM »

People ALWAYS stole (Yes, it's STOLE not use... use is borrowing a wrench and and giving it back) water? REALLY? And it didn't bother you? Gads now that's a nice guy.

Me, I'm not nice at all. Despite having a well, my water bills are $45 a month. Instances of water theft made that nearly double, that's a lot of money to support other peeps who won't use their own water. They use other's water because THEY want ME to pay for their water, not gonna happen.

A neighbor's well pump was burned out because a thief left the pump on without the water running... burned the impeller, a $300+ repair to be a nice guy is too much.

I think it was just kids drinking water and washing up. I used to work for Doctors Without Borders and know what life is without clean water so I wonít deny drinking water to anyone.  A random guy filling up his truck to pressure clean a driveway would bother me. Either way, removing the handle stopped any water waste. Happy new year!

gnappi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 04:35:57 PM »
I think it was just kids drinking water and washing up. I used to work for Doctors Without Borders and know what life is without clean water so I wonít deny drinking water to anyone.  A random guy filling up his truck to pressure clean a driveway would bother me. Either way, removing the handle stopped any water waste. Happy new year!

It bothered me even more since the handle had been removed by me, and the thief brought his own! :-) When he can get 100 or more gallons a day free I guess they can get creative, that's why I installed the locks.

Regards,

Gary

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 11:54:27 PM »
Thatís horrible Gary, that is disturbing that someone would go to such lengths in order to run their business.

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers