Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: West Palm Beach Mangoes  (Read 974 times)

alnpat

• USA, FL/Central, Kissimmee, 9b
    • View Profile
West Palm Beach Mangoes
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:37:07 PM »
Just got back from WPB yesterday. The family went on a mango expedition at Tropical Acres and Truly Tropical. Alex at TA spent over a hour with me doing mango Q&A and picking mangoes. He had great deals on dropped and picked mangoes. The mangoes he had were Edward, Duncan, Hillard, Philippine, Hillard & Edward x Kent. Then we went to TT for a mango picking tour. We spent over two hours picking and discussing mangoes from A-Z. I never picked a mango before and it really was truly a thrill. I believe they will have another tour at the end of June. They had a lot of Haden and Lemon Meringue, but also had some Carrie, Tess Pollock, Turpentine and Jakarta. I included some Pictures of their farm and the mangoes I brought back from my haul. It definitely was worth the two and a half hour drive but I wished I lived closer so I could make the trip regularly. So far I have only tried the Duncan and LM and they were both fantastic. Both were fiber-less and sweet, but the LM had a slightly citrus flavor that was more complex.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:51:35 PM by alnpat »

FRUITBOXHERO

• Coral Springs Fl
    • View Profile
Re: West Palm Beach Mangoes
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:41:33 PM »
Very nice! Seems like you might have your fix of mangos for a few days!
Joe

alnpat

• USA, FL/Central, Kissimmee, 9b
    • View Profile
Re: West Palm Beach Mangoes
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 09:46:19 PM »
We are giving some away to our friends, but between my wife and I it should last us about two weeks. Then I plan to check out the mangoes on Merritt Island, which is only a hour and a quarter away from us. I'm really on a mission to try as many varieties as possible this season.

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers