Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: Gardening by the moon-phases  (Read 2445 times)

mangomadness

• I lyk mangos,cookin,waterlillies & Amazon parrots!
    • United Kindom, Zone 9a. Eat for your organs, not your taste buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Gardening by the moon-phases
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2020, 11:11:58 PM »
Something I was thinking about while reading the elephant in Braille...

The moon causes ocean tides, and corals to spawn.

The oceans cover 2/3rds of the earthís surface.

Disputing the moonís gravitational pull is not logical.

The Sunís Location relative to the earth causes seasons.

Plants and trees base their crops on the seasons.

The sun is 92 million miles away from my mango trees.

The Moon is 238 thousand miles away from my mango trees.

Most animals on earth are affected in some way by the moon.

The Main difference between plants and animals is that animals can move freely from one place to another.

-Now here is my question to ponder:

Did plants not intend their seeds to be moved by animals? If they did not intend then why do they produce seeds in the spring when the animals feed and Migrate most? And why did the make tasty fruits to be eaten and spread by animals? For example a mango tree intends its fruits to be eaten and digested and turned to fertilizer under its own shade and shelter, and itís seeds to be spread elsewhere. This is no coincidence itís a product of millions of years of evolution.

An animalís observable life can only last as long as one humanís career.

A tree can live for hundreds of years(some for a thousand). The lunar relation to trees may be as tough as developing new telescopes to see galaxies further away; they were always there but we couldnít see them. Tough for a human to observe truly in the Course of 100 million years.

Could the moon be completely unrelated to plants in this picture of evolution? Absolutely... but I doubt that the Majority of the evolution of plants and animals on this earth wasnít the product of MOSTLY the sun and the moon.

Your friendly neighborhood fisherman,

-Abie

PS I Think the elephant feels with his trunk.
The mango is millions of years old? Wow r.e.s.p.e.c.t!
Yes they had a prehistoric fossil of a mango until the Riff Raff gang heisted it

and check out this baby in Rajsahi Bangladesh

Its a roundabout

With compliments

bovine421

• Half Hop Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2020, 11:16:57 PM »
Something I was thinking about while reading the elephant in Braille...

The moon causes ocean tides, and corals to spawn.

The oceans cover 2/3rds of the earthís surface.

Disputing the moonís gravitational pull is not logical.

The Sunís Location relative to the earth causes seasons.

Plants and trees base their crops on the seasons.

The sun is 92 million miles away from my mango trees.

The Moon is 238 thousand miles away from my mango trees.

Most animals on earth are affected in some way by the moon.

The Main difference between plants and animals is that animals can move freely from one place to another.

-Now here is my question to ponder:

Did plants not intend their seeds to be moved by animals? If they did not intend then why do they produce seeds in the spring when the animals feed and Migrate most? And why did the make tasty fruits to be eaten and spread by animals? For example a mango tree intends its fruits to be eaten and digested and turned to fertilizer under its own shade and shelter, and itís seeds to be spread elsewhere. This is no coincidence itís a product of millions of years of evolution.

An animalís observable life can only last as long as one humanís career.

A tree can live for hundreds of years(some for a thousand). The lunar relation to trees may be as tough as developing new telescopes to see galaxies further away; they were always there but we couldnít see them. Tough for a human to observe truly in the Course of 100 million years.

Could the moon be completely unrelated to plants in this picture of evolution? Absolutely... but I doubt that the Majority of the evolution of plants and animals on this earth wasnít the product of MOSTLY the sun and the moon.

Your friendly neighborhood fisherman,

-Abie

PS I Think the elephant feels with his trunk.
The mango is millions of years old? Wow r.e.s.p.e.c.t!
Yes they had a prehistoric fossil of a mango until the Riff Raff gang heisted it

and check out this baby in Rajsahi Bangladesh

Its a roundabout

Must of been the food of the Nephilim.Wow what a plate.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 11:19:43 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Little Gem Pickering Dot Sonpari Mallika PPK E-4 OS Phoenix Fruit Punch SweetTart Honey Kiss M-4 Neelam

MikeT

• Feeling Seedy
    • Cairns. Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Today at 02:17:58 AM »

The most conprehensive scientific assessment of moon gardening done to date is:

What Has Been Thought and Taught on the Lunar
Influence on Plants in Agriculture? Perspective from
Physics and Biology
Olga Mayoral 1,2,* , Jordi Solbes 1 , Josť Cantů 1 and Tatiana Pina 1,*
1 Department of Science Education, Universitat de ValŤncia (UV), Avda. Tarongers, 4, 46022 Valencia, Spain;
jordi.solbes@uv.es (J.S.); jose.canto@uv.es (J.C.)
2 Botanical Garden UV, Universitat de ValŤncia, Calle Quart, 80, 46008 Valencia, Spain
* Correspondence: olga.mayoral@uv.es (O.M.); tatiana.pina@uv.es (T.P.);
Tel.: +34-961-625-489 (O.M.); +34-961-625-924 (T.P.) .
The review came to the following conclusions in 2020 :

5. Conclusions
Science has widely established different evidences: (i) the Moonís gravity on the Earth cannot have
any e ect on the life cycle of plants due to the fact that it is  almost 300,000 times lower
that the Earthís gravity; (ii) since all the oceans are communicated and we can consider their size being
the size of the Earth, the Moonís influence on the tides is 10􀀀6 ms􀀀2, but for a 2 m height plant such
value is 3  10􀀀13 ms􀀀2 and, therefore, completely imperceptible; (iii) the Moonís illuminance cannot
have any effect on plant life since it is, at best, 128,000 times lower than the minimum of sunlight on an
average day; (iv) the rest of possible effects of the Moon on the Earth (e.g., magnetic field, polarization
of light) are non-existent.
The logical consequence of such evidence is that none of these e ects appear in physics and
biology reference handbooks. However, many of these beliefs are deeply ingrained in both agricultural
traditions and collective imagery. This shows that more research should be undertaken on the possible effects observed on plants and assigned to the Moon by the popular belief, addressing their causes,
if any. It would also be interesting to address these issues in both compulsory education and formal
higher agricultural education in order to address pseudo-scientific ideas and promote critical thinking.

Unquote:
Yes science doesn't have all the answers and has no wisdom as it is based on testing hypotheses.It is always better to know what thoughts there are and what is published on views you don't share as it allows you to believe wih more vigour when can consider things from all sides.

Honest Abe

• Biscayne Park, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Today at 03:06:47 PM »
This ďagricultural astronomy/philosophyĒ is very interesting to me.

As soon as a close my mind to new ideas, just put me 6 feet under.

Great thread I have enjoyed every post.

Even the cartoons were interesting, even though I never spoke of A fossilized mango, but reading comprehension isnít necessary to be a great addition to any thread.

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers