Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: Luc's Mexican Garcinia growing experiences around the world  (Read 87288 times)

BrizzyFizzy

• Australia, QLD, Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: Luc's Mexican Garcinia growing experiences around the world
« Reply #550 on: January 14, 2020, 09:23:47 PM »
I'm out in Mt Crosby.  How big is yours currently?  How long has it been in the ground?  All 4 of my Luc's are currently in 35L grow bags (same with some other Garcinias).  All my other trees I dig in compost then mound up.  For my Lamb-Hass Avo spot I ran into rock at 60cm so I dug into the mountain slope with a jack hammer to create a giant 3.5x3.5.x1.5 hole with an underground drainage trench then back-filled with good soil.  Just trying to figure out if I need to do the same thing for my Luc-babies.  I may terrace them up the hill with good soil this time.  Don't think my neighbours appreciated 10 days of suburban mining.

where are you Brizzy? Perhaps not too far from me (Greenbank). I grow one here that has full sun for about half the day. I protected it completely for the first few months and have slowly reduced it. Extra sun hasnít seemed to impact it at all. I mounded to get it above my compacted rubbish.

Ulfr

• Brisbane Australia
    • View Profile
    • Practical Primate
Re: Luc's Mexican Garcinia growing experiences around the world
« Reply #551 on: January 14, 2020, 09:31:19 PM »
Mines only small and came from RG (his is further along and so can give you better info). Itís about 40cm tall and wide and was planted in March last year. It has only flushed once since then and looks about ready to go again. I plant everything high and let them grow into the native soil. If I dug big holes here the drainage ditches would need to be perfect or I would just make ponds.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:41:49 PM by Ulfr »

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers