Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: Ban of pesticides for private individuals in France.  (Read 228 times)

Sylvain

• Bergerac, France
    • View Profile
    • Looking for Wakonai.
Ban of pesticides for private individuals in France.
« on: January 05, 2019, 08:23:34 AM »
In France, since January 1, 2019 pesticides (fungicides, insecticides, nematicides, acaricides, herbicides and other biocides of chemical origin) are prohibited from purchase, possession and use for private individuals.

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
Re: Ban of pesticides for private individuals in France.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 08:46:16 AM »
Good first step, I was always amazed by idiots who are using roundup to remove weed from small parts of their front yard or backyard. But the worst are big farmers and companies.
I saw a documentary about deltas of big rivers in France, how is the soil heavely poisoned there, because all streams from agricultural areas are bringing poisons to main rivers. They said, that 90 percent of eels have cancer.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 08:48:22 AM by Radoslav »

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 11:16:53 AM »
Sylvain, I bet the bugs, funguses, blights, bacteria, and especially the weeds are all happy by the decision of the French politicians. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 05:23:05 PM by Millet »

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 10:14:28 AM »
Sylvain, I bet the bugs, funguses, blights, bacteria, and especially the weeds are all happy by the decision of the French politicians.
But cancer cells not...   ;D  I'm happy too!

Waiting

• Northern San Joaquin Valley, California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 05:41:50 PM »
A side note - Gardening Centers in France have noted an uptick in the sale of yellow vests.

Ilya11

• France, Paris region, Vaux le Penil, middle of Northern z8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 03:57:09 AM »
In France yellow vest is obligatory to have in each car, they are sold in car shops, not in the garden centers ;D
Best regards,
                       Ilya

Sylvain

• Bergerac, France
    • View Profile
    • Looking for Wakonai.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 06:23:01 AM »
> I bet the bugs, funguses, blights, bacteria, and especially the weeds are all happy by the decision of the French politicians.
Not at all. I don't use chemicals since several years and a new equilibrium set up very quickly.
To say the full truth I sometimes use horticole oil or dishwasher soap. For the weeds, I let them grow and control their expansion with the lawn mower.  :)

This decision was not coming from French politicians. They have been forced against their will by the people.
Most of them think as you do.

Ilya11

• France, Paris region, Vaux le Penil, middle of Northern z8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 09:09:13 AM »
> I bet the bugs, funguses, blights, bacteria, and especially the weeds are all happy by the decision of the French politicians.
Not at all. I don't use chemicals since several years and a new equilibrium set up very quickly.
To say the full truth I sometimes use horticole oil or dishwasher soap. For the weeds, I let them grow and control their expansion with the lawn mower.  :)

This decision was not coming from French politicians. They have been forced against their will by the people.
Most of them think as you do.

May be it came from the people, but certainly was done by politicians that made this ban by annulation of the marketing authorization  for all pesticides without discrimination. 
Not only synthetic stuff was banned but some quite  natural compounds like plant pyrethrins and to my biggest surprise- essential oil from the sweet orange. 
Best regards,
                       Ilya

Johnny Eat Fruit

• So. California, Huntington Beach. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 09:26:23 AM »
Whatever the Government bands I like to buy more of.

I now purchase Round Up by the gallon in concentrate and use it regularly. Very effective. Also like Imidacloprid 2F for sucking insects.

Also love Oil based paints and plastic bags as well.

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers