Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: Gibberellic acid for germination and growth,fast fruiting  (Read 130 times)

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Gibberellic acid for germination and growth,fast fruiting
« on: April 14, 2019, 03:24:01 PM »
Anybody that has experience using Gibberellic acid for germination,plant growth or fast fruiting,seedless fruits,etc,please share.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: Gibberellic acid for germination and growth,fast fruiting
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 08:30:09 PM »
I soaked somme recalcitrant seeds for 24 jours in 500 ppm solution( i used efervescent gibberellic acid pills to make the solution).African persimmon D Lycioides,a verry rare annonaceae ,Uvaria Grandiflora seeds.These seeds i had them in wet paper towels for 4 months allready without any sign they would germinate.And i also sprayed 200 ppm acid solution on 2 small feijoa seedlings.Il announce later if the seeds will germinate or if the feijoa seedlings will grow to become monsters.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Re: Gibberellic acid for germination and growth,fast fruiting
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 06:50:56 PM »
After a week nothing happened ,so i made fresh solution with 1500 ppm and Uvaria Grandiflora and Diospyros Lycioides seeds are soaking again for 24 hours.Its also possible that the seeds might be too old and dead so even gibberellic acid that was used to germinate thousands of years old seeds ,might not revive them.

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers