Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: Pumice and rare Avocado scions for Sale  (Read 269 times)

Avoman

• usa,idaho,twin falls
    • View Profile
Pumice and rare Avocado scions for Sale
« on: June 08, 2019, 04:15:05 PM »
Pumice for sale fines up to 1/4 inch in size in bags pure not mixed with anything else its great for health of roots for pots or amending heavy clay soils the cost is 9 dollars per approx 24 pounds worth plus shipping cost, i also have duke,nimlioh,booney doon avocado scions for sale at 10 dollars each plus 7 dollar shipping box in lower 48 states.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 04:22:41 PM by Avoman »

dodge15

• Louisiana Gulf Coast
    • View Profile
Re: Pumice and rare Avocado scions for Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 10:45:34 PM »
I'll take one of each of the avocado scions.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 11:31:26 PM »
Bonny Doon Winery is in Bonny Doon, slightly the boonies. The “Bonny Doon” avocado is in front of the old Bonny Doon Winery production facility , hence the name, mother tree is ripe now,  in town.

Kaelix87

• San diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 03:46:38 AM »
I'll get one of each also

Avoman

• usa,idaho,twin falls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 04:45:55 PM »
Dodge... i mailed you a few extra at no extra charge for better chances of success dont forget the Nimlioh is a great AVO tree but needs more winter protection in cold snaps, even the cold hardy types i would protect the first 3 or 4 years, anything under 32 degrees, especaily protect the graft in case you get some cold damage this at least gives you a chance for tree to come back, i still have plenty of pumice for sale i know shipping not real cheap but i,ll try my best to match or beat others prices, sand is not bad to use but pumice is hands down way better it lets the roots breath and can absorb some water and release to roots as they need it, it does not break down like peat over time and much much worse forest processed products which can promote a root rotting condition. Mulch on very top ok but at bottom of pots not good.

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers