Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: covid 19 and herbs ect  (Read 6169 times)

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: covid 19 and herbs ect
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2020, 05:07:46 PM »
Wow that is pretty confronting stuff. Over here it was rare really and managed tightly before it could spread much and the public health system is pretty good. I have been shocked at what has been going down in brazil, india and the US where culture and leadership may have contributed to problems.

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2020, 10:19:20 PM »
1.Over here it was rare really and managed tightly before it could spread much and
2. the public health system is pretty good.
3.I have been shocked at what has been going down in brazil, india and the US where culture and leadership may have contributed to problems.

Interesting differing opinions to mine.

Since all can be infected with no prior exposure and antibodies to the virus I doubt that spread in U.S., Brazil,India, Italy, China, etc. large cities could have been stopped once a few random exposures occurred of people walking down the city streets. I do not believe a pretty good public health system could have stopped the spread in these cities.

Italy and Brazil tend to have more grandparents living with or helping the younger family members. These older family members are more at risk of mortality (death) with Covid 19 and thus more deaths.

I am happy that our government did not force lockdowns like in some cities in China. As we all know China with more gov't ability than most to lockdown cities, was unable to stop the spread to other parts of the world and I doubt if any country could after thousands became infected in their country. Thus I don't really blame anyone but instead just look at it as a normal process of a virus working through a animal species and causing little to no harm to most of the animals but killing off many of the weakened animals....

So exercise, Fight, try to keep from being in classifications that the virus preys on as weakened, and hope your times not near as most will not die with this virus per the stats..... But, all can become infected at this time without vaccine or prior exposure and antibodies etc.... Wearing a mask, washing hands, etc. will help lower you odds of initial infection.

Any time anyone starts talking out of their head when fighting the virus is a possible sign of hypoxia and call 911 in U.S

I make a yearly decision to get influenza vaccine and will also get covid 19 vaccine when available but many in the U.S. choose not to and that's their choice and I'm good with that. If young and not in a high risk group they will have good probability of it just passing through them as it did the 4 of us in our home (but I will get the vaccine when available in the future).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 10:24:56 PM by palmcity »

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2020, 11:45:56 PM »
Doesn't seem to matter whether it is a communist country or open democracy or how locked down things became. Russia has lots of covid cases compared to say New Zealand. Things were never locked down too tight here and it isn't as though there was ever a time when you could go to the bank or supermarket. By cultural I meant extended big families and crowding are hard to manage and where individual freedoms are the priority or where people are more likely to be defiant of government advice.
Countries that defy international advice and cooperation, were slow to react and had lazy double talking leadership have suffered more. A good public health system means more tests are done, they are free or cheap, hospitalisation, treatment and drugs are free or cheap and the best advice is on hand immediately makes a big difference. The every person for themselves health model doesn't go so well with pandemics.

roblack

• Miami, FL 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2020, 10:38:18 AM »
I like plants

mangomadness

• United Kindom, Zone 9a. Eat for your organs, not your taste buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2020, 10:50:01 AM »
Ditto :)
With compliments

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2020, 08:41:28 AM »
Don't know what came over me and yes back to plants.

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers