Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: why can't I lose weight  (Read 860 times)

mangomadness

• I like mangos,water-lillies & Amazon parrots!
    • United Kindom, Zone 9a. Eat for your organs, not your taste buds.
    • View Profile
Re: why can't I lose weight
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2020, 07:22:17 PM »
Thats quite the diet!
With compliments

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2020, 08:42:26 PM »
Also, for pure weight loss, calorie count is the only thing that matters, not what those calories came from. A nutritionist did a demonstration a few years ago where he ate nothing but candy bars and other junk food and lost weight because he consumed far less than the recommended daily allowance of calories. He did not recommend following his example.
The McDonalds/Hershey/CocaCola Diet.  Yum!

Truly, the breakfast of champions right there.

Actually, if I remember correctly, he avoided fast food because burgers and fries, while not exactly nutritious, have some protein and trace amounts of other nutrients. I also think he avoided sodas because it would have been impossible to consume a low calorie diet if he was guzzling down hundreds of calories worth of soda. He went purely for candy bars and the junkiest of junk food. Needless to say, while he lost weight, he felt terrible.

johnb51

• USA Coconut Creek, FL Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2020, 09:26:41 PM »
Also, for pure weight loss, calorie count is the only thing that matters, not what those calories came from. A nutritionist did a demonstration a few years ago where he ate nothing but candy bars and other junk food and lost weight because he consumed far less than the recommended daily allowance of calories. He did not recommend following his example.
The McDonalds/Hershey/CocaCola Diet.  Yum!

Truly, the breakfast of champions right there.

Actually, if I remember correctly, he avoided fast food because burgers and fries, while not exactly nutritious, have some protein and trace amounts of other nutrients. I also think he avoided sodas because it would have been impossible to consume a low calorie diet if he was guzzling down hundreds of calories worth of soda. He went purely for candy bars and the junkiest of junk food. Needless to say, while he lost weight, he felt terrible.
He gets even better.  Candy bars only!
John

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers