Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers

Author Topic: Luc's Mexican Garcinia growing experiences around the world  (Read 44605 times)

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Luc's Mexican Garcinia growing experiences around the world
« Reply #375 on: February 14, 2018, 01:48:19 AM »
I've had a couple that looked worse than yours Mango Stein...and they bounced back, albeit very slowly (in true Luc's fashion.) Chris

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 14, 2018, 06:26:02 PM »
Look's like my 2-foot tall plant is about to die, from root rot I think.
Probably because I watered it too much... 9L every evening. But the weather has been so hot and also it is on a raised mound.
Has some shade cloth above it.

They don't need a lot of water , actually they are very hard to kill , years ago I planted about 500 in a huge tub , left them under a longan and kinda ignored them . All grew well were transplanted and sold .
Don't forget that here in their natural habitat they don't get any rain for at least 8 months , just a little TLC will not hurt  ...
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

Anto989

• South Italy , calabria region near the tirrenian coast
    • View Profile
    • The exotic farm
« Reply #377 on: February 15, 2018, 03:39:09 PM »
how many years to fruit from seeds and how they are cold hardy(can they grow in a. cherimoia area with few nights of -2 during the winter?

00christian00

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 15, 2018, 04:03:47 PM »
how many years to fruit from seeds and how they are cold hardy(can they grow in a. cherimoia area with few nights of -2 during the winter?
I'm growing them in middle Italy(Ancona) with no issues, they are just covered from the cold wind and less than 1 year old, so for sure you won't have problems in your place.
I did plant the seeds directly on the ground in may/june last year and have been growing happily without any shade cloth.

Copyright © Tropical Fruit Forum - International Tropical Fruit Growers