Author Topic: looking for some seeds  (Read 1438 times)

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
looking for some seeds
« on: October 28, 2015, 07:01:32 AM »
Would love some kaffir lime and finger lime seeds/plants of good lineage. Tried messaging people whom have made offers to no avail. Maybe its because I'm new here??? However I've traded with several of you already and bought seeds from several of you.

Can someone I've exchanged with chime in here to show my legitimacy? Maybe that'll help??? Not sure how you build reputation here. I've got tons of rare plants to exchange people and am only looking to diversify my garden more!

Thanks! DG
Trying to grow it all!

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: looking for some seeds
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 07:38:33 AM »
It is stricly prohibited by law for citrus seeds, plant and plant material to be shipped into Florida from outside the state of Florida. 

I have seen kaffir limes sold in local oriental markets here in Palm Beach County.
- Rob

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 07:54:02 AM »
I'm very aware but I too am aware there's only a ton of people in FL on this site...thanks for your input though! Its always good to make people aware. However I see that breaking that law is most definitely among the crimes of the highest travesty! How dare someone! I too fully understand why the law is in place so I'm not ignorant to that either in case your wondering. FL's got an agricultural industry to protect after all...

I'll check around in the local Asian stores! Thanks for your directory!

DG
Trying to grow it all!

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 08:20:05 AM »
Many dont know and many dont care (and by your post it seemed to fall under this statement).  Sometimes people feel as long as they benefit they dont care what the potential outcome is.  Your answer is just another in a long line of bullshit posts by bullshit members.  I might have been up to sending you some limes but you lost that chance.  Happy hunting...
- Rob

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 09:11:16 AM »
Sorry dude wasn't trying to be a total butthole kept it nice at least. Obviously obtaining seeds benefits the receiver no doubt there but like I was saying there is several FL members here...maybe that was the crowd I was looking for like you knew that for sure...before saying what you said. Was nicely trying to defend my position as most would do. Either way do you feel the man should impose what you can and cannot grow? Not even trying to steer this toward things like cannabis but fruit seeds? Greening may very well have come here from a bullshit member like I asking for seeds...probably did. Shouldn't we all be able to grow stuff? Nature does what it does and is what it is I'm sure any unintentionally passed along diseases which are part of the natural order of things where deliberate desires of one just trying to enjoy the pleasures of growing a cool lime tree... We all just love plants here obviously.

Thanks for being so kind...I don't recall defaming you just putting in my bullshit 2 cents. Not saying you should be ashamed for your statements as you are more right than I. Not even gonna try and deny it I'm a real dude who who respects your opinions but a little sarcasm shouldn't make your bottom too sore should it? Nevermind my reasonings though as I'm only defending beliefs you are the one in the actual truly right positioning on this topic.

Again sorry and no worries! The hunt is still on! I'm sure your limes are great sorry I ruined your kindness...no sarcasm seriously!

May I state myself properly...

FL members who don't now believe I'm the biggest wanker on the forum...are there any of these lime seeds out there I ask?

Thanks! DG
Trying to grow it all!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk