Author Topic: Which is the best 20-20-20 fertilizer?  (Read 2250 times)

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
Which is the best 20-20-20 fertilizer?
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »

Miracle Gro
or Greenlight?

If you can let me know if there are any other good ones out there, I will greatly appreciate it.

Julian Lara recommended that I use 20-20-20 fertilizer for my mamey sapote trees. All of them are water soluble.

Thank you,
Alexi

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
Jeff  :-)

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:56:18 PM by Tropicalgrower89 »
Alexi

Tamiie Aallen

• Hutchinson, KS
    • View Profile
Re: Which is the best 20-20-20 fertilizer?
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 02:28:00 PM »
Hi Alexi,
It is quite important to use a fertilizer right in any garden or on the farm. This refers to chemical control for plant development according to the schedule.
You can check out this article to manage chemical weed control well. I already applied some of the tips on my farm.
By the way, I use Fertilome for flowers. Especially for pansies and begonias. However, this is not limited only to plants that bloom. Jack's classic is also reliable stuff :)

pagnr

• View Profile
Re: Which is the best 20-20-20 fertilizer?
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 02:42:47 AM »
Most Fertilisers are constructed to get the NPK ratio , ie Ammonium Phosphate plus Potassium Nitrate gives Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorous.
The two forms of Nitrogen ( Ammonium and Nitrate ) will make N higher the P and K ie NPK 15 5 10. The K could be higher by using more Pot Nitrate.
Some fertilisers use Potassium Chloride as the K source, usually budget brands, general purpose or for outdoor " Vegetables and Fruit Trees.
Chloride can be a problem in saline soil or water conditions, and is often already well available to plants.
To compare two fertilisers, try to find out the chemical compound sources for each of the NPK.
Also the exact % of each element. Should be 20% each by the name, 20 20 20 but that isn't always the case.
Sometimes there are quirks in the way the NPK is written or measured.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 02:45:18 PM by pagnr »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk