Citrus > Citrus Buy, Sell, & Trade

Looking for Japanese Acid Citrus [EU]

<< < (4/6) > >>

pagnr:
On a visit to Japan, ( outer Tokyo area ) I saw various Citrus trees in home gardens, and young trees at plant nurseries.
Specialty Citrus fruit was sometimes seen in supermarkets, i.e. unusual Japanese varieties.
I am wondering if there are any Citrus collectors / hobbyists in Japan ?
Any Citrus Forums in Japan ?
It is not hard to find webpages for Citrus farmers growing less common types,
but that is about as far as I have got.

Mature Flying Dragon tree/budwood
In my climate, ungrafted FD seedlings fruit in about 5 years. Also produce some interesting Off Types.
You can speed up their growth by extra heat, shortening the dormancy period.

deRoode:

--- Quote from: pagnr on July 21, 2022, 06:05:36 PM ---On a visit to Japan, ( outer Tokyo area ) I saw various Citrus trees in home gardens, and young trees at plant nurseries.
Specialty Citrus fruit was sometimes seen in supermarkets, i.e. unusual Japanese varieties.
I am wondering if there are any Citrus collectors / hobbyists in Japan ?
Any Citrus Forums in Japan ?
It is not hard to find webpages for Citrus farmers growing less common types,
but that is about as far as I have got.

Mature Flying Dragon tree/budwood
In my climate, ungrafted FD seedlings fruit in about 5 years. Also produce some interesting Off Types.
You can speed up their growth by extra heat, shortening the dormancy period.

--- End quote ---

Many varieties are also available on the Japanese amazon. Due to regulations regulations it's however not possible to import any material into the EU / Export from Japan. Nowadays fruits are being exported from Japan, and that is a way to get the varieties (my sudachi and yuzu are from Japan, and even found an importer selling haruka from Japan).

Interesting about the FD, I will have to try that

Peep:
@deRoode

I had send you message a while ago, did you get it, or did something go wrong?

deRoode:

--- Quote from: Peep on August 18, 2022, 10:59:25 AM ---@deRoode

I had send you message a while ago, did you get it, or did something go wrong?

--- End quote ---

I must have overlooked you message. I send you a reply.

SeeSchloss:
I used to have a kabosu plant from a seed that came from a fruit bought in France, but it died while I was on vacation a few years ago.

I still have a sudachi, also grown from seed at the same time, in 2015.

It has never fruited yet but it stays outside all winter here in Antwerp (in a rather sheltered location though). If you're interested I can send you cuttings (tell me how to do it thought because I've never sent live plants through the post) or you can drop by if you're ever close to Antwerp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version