Author Topic: Parkinson's in the setting of PawPaw consumption (and other Annonaceaes) article  (Read 6021 times)

Okvid

• CA 10a
    • View Profile
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S030645220300441X
According to this, glucose consumption can prevent the neuronal cell demise by annonacin. So maybe you should eat a spoonful of sugar with your annonas.

It could be regions that eat annonas are historically poor making refined sugar inaccessible due to  costs. The only sugar available would be in fruit and starches which take longer to metabolize. It should be also noted that these poorer regions probably ate less food. Therefore, it'd be harder to prevent the annonacins from killing the neuronal cells since there wasn't a high enough glucose level. Considering the American diet, I think we have it covered when it comes to glucose consumption. Although, it'd be a lot healthier if you use glucose syrup since sucrose and fructose aren't very good for you.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 03:54:20 AM by Okvid »

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
According to the table on the first page of this discussion, paw paw has approximately 2,000 times the annonacin content of atemoya. Presuming this was indeed the causitive factor,  I would need to consume over 600,000 lbs of atemoya pulp in 10 years to get the same effect. Put another way, that is  167 pounds a day for 10 years. I think I'm safe.

This is great news, here I was thinking being an Annona Enthusiast was a death sentence
Feel free to pm me if you have any ANNONACEAE for sale‼️

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
According to the table on the first page of this discussion, paw paw has approximately 2,000 times the annonacin content of atemoya. Presuming this was indeed the causitive factor,  I would need to consume over 600,000 lbs of atemoya pulp in 10 years to get the same effect. Put another way, that is  167 pounds a day for 10 years. I think I'm safe.

This is great news, here I was thinking being an Annona Enthusiast was a death sentence

I was a bit worried myself until I looked at the numbers and did the math. I probably ate 30 lbs of atemoya this year, but according to the numbers people posted from the study there was less annonacin in that than in one bite of paw paw. I have no concerns at this point, but I have continued to read this thread to stay educated on any new developments in the research.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk