Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

More 3/10/2012 Yard Update

(1/2) > >>

HMHausman:
Yet another, still in a pot, now grown into the ground, former shade house resident........either See Chompoo or E Daw longan happily blooming away

Surinam Cherry "Zill Black"......in its annual million fruit annual fruit set.

Black Gold x Tabouey jakfruit putting on its crop.  I think there might be about 30 fruits or more that I can readily see already of the size seen here in this shot.

Alano Sapodilla

Green Sapote, finally emerging with new growth after a long (although mild) winter dormancy.

One of two seedling abius....this one set fruit last year.  I also had an attack of Cuban May Beetles last year, that, thankfully, has not occurred this year.  I am hoping for a bumper crop.

Still some more to come.....I'll further update as I get the chance to post.

Harry

lycheeluva:
those  zill surinams look damn good. i still have fond memories of the one ripe zill you had when i was at your place a couple of years ago. any ideas where i can pick up a zill? can surinams be airlayered?

Tropicalgrower89:
Those alano sapotes look pretty large.

All of your trees look nice and healthy.  :)

Future:
I am digging the black surinam cherries also.  Do they taste any different from the reds?  Reds grow wild all over Bermuda and are also popular hedges, so no one gets too excited by them.  Do save me some seeds from the blacks if you can.

Saltcayman:
Great looking trees harry! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version