Author Topic: Yuzu citrus  (Read 489 times)

Antonio

• Italy, 8a
    • View Profile
Yuzu citrus
« on: March 15, 2024, 03:35:16 AM »
Hello. I am a new member. I am wondering if any of you know when I can transplant the Yuzu citrus that I have in a pot into the ground. The tree is grafted onto Poncirus Trifoliata and is about five years old. It is about 3 feet tall. The tree is already full of buds that will soon bloom. Can you transplant during flowering? Does anyone have any experience with this? I live in zone 8a, the coldest temperature this winter was -5C (23F) for a couple of nights. I will be glad for any answer.

poncirsguy

• Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 6a/6b
    • View Profile
Re: Yuzu citrus
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 10:31:10 AM »
This is a good time to transplant.  The flowers may or may not fall.  If you do a good job not breaking any root and shelter it from direct sunlight it may keep the flowers and fruit.

vnomonee

• Zone 7a northeastern NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 10:38:29 AM »
what poncirus guy said. is the plant acclimated to the sun? if not it will get sun burn so you will need to shade it and gradually expose it to the sun

Antonio

• Italy, 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 02:21:55 AM »
Thanks for all the advice. The spring sun is already strong here. The weather was cloudy on Saturday, so I transplanted it to the garden. I think and hope I haven't damaged the roots, at least I hope so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk