Author Topic: Almond bark desease ?  (Read 591 times)

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
Almond bark desease ?
« on: June 13, 2022, 02:33:08 PM »

This has been going on for a few months, right under the bark there are liguid "baloons" forming, full with resin, when i burst them underneath the whole bark layer is dead. I made some severe cuts and removed most of the infected parts and sprayed with fungicide, but its persisting at the same places and i think is slightly expanding.
What could this be and how to treat it ?
Ive had a similar thing, prolly the same desease happen to my cherry a year ago, whatever it is, it seems to be targetting stonefruit species...

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Almond bark desease ?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 09:29:33 PM »

This has been going on for a few months, right under the bark there are liguid "baloons" forming, full with resin, when i burst them underneath the whole bark layer is dead. I made some severe cuts and removed most of the infected parts and sprayed with fungicide, but its persisting at the same places and i think is slightly expanding.
What could this be and how to treat it ?
Ive had a similar thing, prolly the same desease happen to my cherry a year ago, whatever it is, it seems to be targetting stonefruit species...

Looks like bacterial canker.

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 01:40:51 AM »
It looks like it, after some research ,the chances are not on my tree's side. I'll try to cut off the infected parts completely and use a copper fungicide, web sais it helps sometimes. I just have to wait a little since were in a non stop rain for a week....
Bad news is i see similar sap oozing directly on the graft parts of the varieties i top worked the tree with , a year ago. ..nasty stuff indeed...

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 11:05:31 PM »
That is a real bummer.  :-[ I am always telling people that the difference between good gardeners and bad gardeners is that the good gardeners replanted.