Author Topic: Im lokking for passiflora  (Read 559 times)

SplorKeLZ

• mmmm Cherimoya
    • Seattle WA zone 9a, 13a mini greenhouse
    • View Profile
Im lokking for passiflora
« on: February 06, 2024, 08:09:38 PM »
Does anyone have any plants of the passiflora genus, i am primarily looking for p. Ligularis and p. Molissima, but really any passion fruit is fine. Thanks!

mcoambassador

• Growing fun fruit in my backyard garden.
    • USA, Florida, Oviedo, 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Im lokking for passiflora
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 07:40:10 AM »
A month or two ago I planted a bunch of seeds of four passiflora (quad., ligularis, popenovii, alata) species. Waiting for germination. If I have luck, and you’re still looking, I’ll reach back out.

Epicatt2

• Fruit forest in progress . . .
    • Tampa, FL / Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 01:09:45 PM »
A month or two ago I planted a bunch of seeds of four passiflora (quad., ligularis, popenovii, alata)
species.  Waiting for germination. If I have luck, and you’re still looking, I’ll reach back out.

Hey mcoambassador,

Would also like to try a few different Passifloras –if you get enough germintation to
share some eventually.

Please keep me in mind for any that would do well here in 9b.

Cheers!

Paul M.
==

SplorKeLZ

• mmmm Cherimoya
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 07:21:54 PM »
A month or two ago I planted a bunch of seeds of four passiflora (quad., ligularis, popenovii, alata) species. Waiting for germination. If I have luck, and you’re still looking, I’ll reach back out.
sounds awesome!

BenjaminJohnson

• USA,WA,Bellevue,8B
    • View Profile
    • https://eastsidegardening.etsy.com
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 12:37:30 AM »
I have a few different species. Currently have some Laurifolia up for grabs.

https://eastsidegardening.etsy.com/listing/1656916964

« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 04:33:48 PM by BenjaminJohnson »

vnomonee

• Zone 7a northeastern NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 05:59:22 PM »
I have rooted mature edulis cuttings but it's too cold to ship. If you don't find any message me in the spring

Pneuma

• Dont Panic its Organic
    • 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2024, 10:39:01 AM »
I have well established Fredrick and Nancy Garrison vines if your interested in cuttings both fruit for me all year after start of 3rd year in the ground both are very productive fruit wise as well in zone 9b I get no die back at all in the winter.  Also have granadilla thats a couple years old from seed but havent be able to get her to flower yet I think this is the year shes pretty large could do cuttings off her as well was one of my favorite passions Ive tried so far.  Also babying a quadrangularis Vine I got from Kaz thats hasnt flowered yet id like to share it with more people with either heated GH or in zones 9-11.
"Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.'
-Luther Burbank

SplorKeLZ

• mmmm Cherimoya
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 08:45:51 PM »
I just planted about 100ish edulis and am awaiting results, would grafting to those seedlings once they are older be a good idea?

Ps. I also have tons of wild p. Caerulea in the backyard, i hat the idea to graft p. Incarnata to it if anyone has any

SplorKeLZ

• mmmm Cherimoya
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2024, 06:48:38 PM »
I have well established Fredrick and Nancy Garrison vines if your interested in cuttings both fruit for me all year after start of 3rd year in the ground both are very productive fruit wise as well in zone 9b I get no die back at all in the winter.  Also have granadilla thats a couple years old from seed but havent be able to get her to flower yet I think this is the year shes pretty large could do cuttings off her as well was one of my favorite passions Ive tried so far.  Also babying a quadrangularis Vine I got from Kaz thats hasnt flowered yet id like to share it with more people with either heated GH or in zones 9-11.
is nancy garisson a cultivar of p. Edulis? If so, whats the flavour?