Author Topic: AKME Gardens 2021 - Loquat Listings (Scions, Custom Grafting Services and more)  (Read 16408 times)

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 11:31:56 AM by sc4001992 »

SaltwaterTx

• Gulf Coast Tx 9a
    • View Profile
I’ll trade you for a cutting after Mike gets some, when there’s enough

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 11:32:34 AM by sc4001992 »

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
Yes Jakefruit. Public facing businesses like Akme Gardens post their own address and phone number so they can be contacted to sell things.
It’s not confidential . It’s how you contact the business.
How else would customers contact them? Telepathy hasn’t been working either.

RGVgardener

• Harlingen zone 9b
    • View Profile
Apologies for bumping this very old post, but I want to re-warn again against this nursery. They are a scam business and you will not get your order or money back.

hammer524

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9B
    • View Profile
I ended up following through on what John B posted and submitted a complaint a few weeks ago.

https://www.alabamaag.gov/consumercomplaint

theoctopus

• South Pasadena
    • View Profile
I ended up following through on what John B posted and submitted a complaint a few weeks ago.

I did the same in an attempt to prevent others from being scammed. Sadly, I just received a response letter from them last week saying that since Adam didn’t respond to the complaint that they have no jurisdiction on the matter. They recommended consulting with a lawyer or taking the matter to small claims court. Not worth my time.

Unfortunately, this is why people like Adam are able to get away with criminal behavior. I’m sure he meant well initially, but it’s truly remarkable how many small business owners overcommit, underperform, then throw out a thousand excuses while they split with the money.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
I think he was well-intentioned but got in over his head.  And when the bills and the debt build up, you got no money to pay back anyone unfortunately.  I've seen someone close to me go into bankruptcy with a small business.  He owed/owes me many tens of thousands of dollars (and I'm not a rich man).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 10:07:03 AM by johnb51 »
John

RGVgardener

• Harlingen zone 9b
    • View Profile
I think he was well-intentioned but got in over his head.  And when the bills and the debt build up, you got no money to pay back anyone unfortunately.  I've seen someone close to me go into bankruptcy with a small business.  He owed/owes me many tens of thousands of dollars (and I'm not a rich man).

Maybe, but IMO you cross the line when you continue to attempt to sell your goods/services when you haven't delivered in the past. That's when it crosses into scam territory that I don't think there's any excuse for.

John B

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile

I did the same in an attempt to prevent others from being scammed. Sadly, I just received a response letter from them last week saying that since Adam didn’t respond to the complaint that they have no jurisdiction on the matter. They recommended consulting with a lawyer or taking the matter to small claims court. Not worth my time.

Unfortunately, this is why people like Adam are able to get away with criminal behavior. I’m sure he meant well initially, but it’s truly remarkable how many small business owners overcommit, underperform, then throw out a thousand excuses while they split with the money.

This is why EVERYONE needs to file a claim. It will constitute fraud. Even posting negative reviews on all social media outlets help.

John B

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
It would also be nice for the MODERATOR to update the first post so people don't continue to get scammed rather than deleting the person's business information that was posted by Bush2Beach. I almost purchased from him but found out through others the business had failed but is still taking orders.

BayTropics

• Brandon, FL
    • View Profile
Apologies for bumping this very old post, but I want to re-warn again against this nursery. They are a scam business and you will not get your order or money back.

Adam is a good guy and has always been great on delivery and credits to me on loquat scions that arrived dried out with replacements. No questions asked. All the sudden he doesn't respond regarding my last two orders from a few months ago. He did mention last year he had health issues. I truly believe he is no scammer. He just either has health issues or is just very busy and behind filling orders. I know is frustrating to wait after spending time and money and no communication, but I'm giving him some time. If his health is ok. He will come through sooner or later.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile

Adam is a good guy and has always been great on delivery and credits to me on loquat scions that arrived dried out with replacements. No questions asked. All the sudden he doesn't respond regarding my last two orders from a few months ago. He did mention last year he had health issues. I truly believe he is no scammer. He just either has health issues or is just very busy and behind filling orders. I know is frustrating to wait after spending time and money and no communication, but I'm giving him some time. If his health is ok. He will come through sooner or later.

While he was good to me in sending scions in exchange for dragonfruit cuttings, it is inexcusable to take months (years now?) to respond while you are holding someone's money. A forum post, email, text etc is literally seconds of your life.

BayTropics

• Brandon, FL
    • View Profile

While he was good to me in sending scions in exchange for dragonfruit cuttings, it is inexcusable to take months (years now?) to respond while you are holding someone's money. A forum post, email, text etc is literally seconds of your life.

True, but if he's in poor health. That is a worthy excuse. Otherwise communication is a must in any business.

JCorte

• Laguna Beach and Fallbrook, CA, zone 10b/10a
    • View Profile
BayTropics,

It's been three years since I ordered custom grafted trees from Adam.  I really don't like posting anything negative about a person, but I don't want others to lose their money either, so I'm sharing my thoughts and experience.

I have received some scions I ordered from him, it's my custom grafted trees I didn't get.  He told me many of the varieties I wanted would only be available to me through ordering grafted trees because he had very limited supplies of them. 

In his reply #27 to the forum he explains his situation and states he offered this service for $15, this is not wholly true.  For example, a one gallon tree may need more than one graft in his opinion if it has a couple of branches and then of course you have to pay for the tree itself which he also profits from.  Also, he didn't have enough one gallon sizes so if I wanted them I needed to upgrade to 2 gallon size.   I think I ordered around 5 trees but I paid over $700.  He wanted me to prepay for all the shipping of the trees which seemed high, but he told me he would refund me the difference if shipping turned out to be less.

I have no problem with waiting for over a year if I trusted I was actually getting my order, even though credit card companies will only refund you for a 6 month period.  However, he didn't respond to my emails or phone calls about when I could expect delivery.  I was sympathetic to his situation, but didn't think it was right that he was still taking orders if he didn't have the time to deal with previous ones.  He could have posted a statement on his Facebook page if he didn't have the time for any correspondence, but that may have stopped his current orders cash flow. 

I understand why you want to give him the benefit of the doubt because of health issues, being busy, behind on orders, bad weather, employee issues, moving, wife having baby, etc.  However, at some point, you stop making excuses and don't make promises you can't deliver.  He had the opportunity when he came on this thread to respond and actually make amends and I don't think anyone would have held it against him.  I have no ill will towards him but I would not recommend buying from him.

Janet
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 12:32:41 PM by JCorte »

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
This is a multi year shit show.
How we are still talking about this and people are still ordering is beyond me.
I am 100% sure we will cycle through this next year as well during want loquat tree season.
Also, Ackee is very very poisonous do mot eat.
Yes, That level of recycled thread.

BayTropics

• Brandon, FL
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 04:06:24 PM by BayTropics »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
Good Luck to all of you, I don't have any open orders with Adam since we have been trading all this time. He did fail to ship me one last trade item but no big loss for me.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 03:49:06 AM by sc4001992 »

grant5185

• Sebastian, Fl
    • View Profile
I ordered several types of jackfruit that he had listed on his website for sale.   His posting of stuff for sale said thr items were in stock…..so,  I expected shipping within 2 wks, around last Nov.   I emailed, called, texted- and never any answer back.  When I got no response and shipping didn’t happen, I had my card charge him back for it.   Oh, THEN he responded - complaining and asking why I did that.   Then he asked that I cancel the chargeback and he would issue a refund.   I really think he was trying to get me to do that so he could keep my money.   Not sure what problems he is having, but he should take no further orders until he had products ready to ship

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
yup, the Jackfruit was the last trade items he was supposed to mail to me last summer, didn't happen
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 03:49:26 AM by sc4001992 »

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
Pastor Adam hiding out behind the internet in Alabama , where'd he learn to thief so?
what a fraud.
people's "reasons" are sometimes "excuses" which can be complete lies and deception, pure manipulation. Over some stupid money. straight phukery.

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
So with this type of reputation does "Hero Member" status gets removed?

I ask this because I feel safer buying from Hero Members. This forum is a great source, hopefully bad apples are removed.

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Pastor Adam hiding out behind the internet in Alabama , where'd he learn to thief so?
what a fraud.
people's "reasons" are sometimes "excuses" which can be complete lies and deception, pure manipulation. Over some stupid money. straight phukery.

His public gambling accounts dont make any of it look better, lol.
Although I will say they haven't been updated in a few years. Why gamble when you can just take.

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
what a fraud.

His public gambling accounts dont make any of it look better, lol.
Although I will say they haven't been updated in a few years. Why gamble when you can just take.

I see what's happened here...clearly he didn't use enough Virex II on his scions and ended up catching COVID from Loquats,  ::) Not to mention the whisperings of the Hendon Mob lopping off his hands so he can no longer graft!

I just came here to complain about not receiving my loquat fanny pack yet :'( OH, the injustice!!!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 06:44:16 AM by Jabba The Hutt »

Flgarden

• Oviedo FL
    • View Profile
His website is up and people, that are not reading our forum, are still buying from him. Crazy.
Ana
Ana