Author Topic: Great Scion Wood Exchange 2023  (Read 852 times)

Seanny

• Garden Grove, Orange County, California, 10B
    • View Profile
Great Scion Wood Exchange 2023
« on: January 15, 2023, 02:05:22 AM »
I hereby invite you all to attend Orange County Great Scion Wood Exchange on January 21st.
https://ocfruit.com/Chapter-Events.php

To get free parking, tell the fairground attendant that you are attending scion exchange event.
It’s used to work in the past.

Free entry.
Bring scions if you have some to share.

Fruitguy

• Zone 10b - Miami, FL
    • United States, Miami,Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Great Scion Wood Exchange 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 10:54:43 AM »
What a great event! I wish we had something like this in Florida.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 11:09:39 AM »
OC Chapter is probably the best in the state. regular events. plant propagation and sales for the club, an exchange of sub trop and tropical wood. and a free event. The other CRFG groups charge you once, then charge you twice and then have 1 event for the year .
I think the model of making your chapter money from plant sales propagated by members is better than charging to join the local group and then also charging those members to enter. Will be interesting to see if the state group pulls it's head out and what sort of half assed festival of fruit they will come up with this year since 2022 did not happen.

Tlaloc

• https://www.instagram.com/laloscorner/
    • Spacex, CA 10B and EAFB 8B
    • View Profile
    • Lalo's Corner
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 11:58:34 AM »
The best scion exchange compared to the others I attend. I still attend others to support them, plus I might find something that I don't already have.
I think I have over 25 different scions that I will share this even. So you all there.

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 12:29:39 PM »
Highly recommend going to any members thinking about it one of Ca. best scion exchanges next ours on Central Coast Chapter. Many years ago I went down to O.C. scion exchange for about three years in a row and glened all my avocado scion from what Julie Frink had supplied also Cherimoya scions.this was back when Royer Meyer was still alive. Many other scions available too great exchange. 8)

Victoria Ave

• Riverside CA zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 01:08:25 PM »
I went to the IE chapter one last weekend and got some great stone fruit scions.

I’m not really growing anything else that I would need scions of at this time of year otherwise I would come through

ItFruitsOrItGetsTheHosex2

• Orange County, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 04:21:49 PM »
Hi all,
Anyone attending the scion exchange with spare polyembryonic mango seeds they may be looking to get rid of? Looking for some!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk