Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Recommendation for water-soluble dragon fruit fertilizer

(1/4) > >>

onur:
Hi

Can anyone recommend me a water-soluble organic dragon fruit fertilizer?

Thank you!

K-Rimes:
An expensive solution. Dragonfruits for me are some of my lowest effort plants and get the least expensive and least time intensive solutions - just gobs of slow release fertilizer and chicken manure.

If you're really set on liquid, you can use pretty much any of them, but I would choose the cheapest possible like General Hydroponics. I have tried tons of fertilizers for indoor plants of uh, various types, and there is very little difference in the end product.

The issue with liquid fertilizer is in fact you're just paying for water and the shipping thereof.

John B:

--- Quote from: K-Rimes on February 07, 2023, 01:56:54 PM ---An expensive solution. Dragonfruits for me are some of my lowest effort plants and get the least expensive and least time intensive solutions - just gobs of slow release fertilizer and chicken manure.

If you're really set on liquid, you can use pretty much any of them, but I would choose the cheapest possible like General Hydroponics. I have tried tons of fertilizers for indoor plants of uh, various types, and there is very little difference in the end product.

The issue with liquid fertilizer is in fact you're just paying for water and the shipping thereof.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I agree. Can always use a fish/kelp emulsion for vegetative growth which is water soluble.

OP, what are you trying to accomplish? Something to run through a drip line?

elouicious:
Old trick for most Cacti if you can stomach it-

Urine

onur:

--- Quote from: John B on February 07, 2023, 02:51:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: K-Rimes on February 07, 2023, 01:56:54 PM ---An expensive solution. Dragonfruits for me are some of my lowest effort plants and get the least expensive and least time intensive solutions - just gobs of slow release fertilizer and chicken manure.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I agree. Can always use a fish/kelp emulsion for vegetative growth which is water soluble.

OP, what are you trying to accomplish? Something to run through a drip line?

--- End quote ---

No. I am just afraid of letting solid fertilizer touch the base of the DFs and causing them to rot, or disturbing the root system while mixing the fertilizer into the soil because they have little space in pots. So I thought, liquid fertilizer would be a safer option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version