Author Topic: mango and lychee pictures  (Read 3220 times)

fruit4me

• USA, CA/LOS ANGELES,SAN GABRIEL
    • View Profile
mango and lychee pictures
« on: May 12, 2013, 12:20:58 AM »
Sorry, don't know how to rotate pictures from phone.
Mahachanok holding on two babies

Might not make it

Still has a chance

Mauritius lychee might hold some fruit this year. Been in the ground at least three years. Only a couple of branches bloomed.

Multigraft mango with two unknown asian and lancetilla mango

Unknown asian mango

unknown asian mango 2

[url=http://postimg.cc/image/8lf3ufwrz/]

Lancetilla mango

Thats all for now. Thanks for looking.

Max

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: mango and lychee pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 10:16:42 AM »
Wow!! Great pictures...your trees seem to be doing well, Congrats! I hope you get to try a Maha this summer.

I've mentioned this before but I can't get over the fact that the Mango trees in Cali seems to "set" a LOT more fruit on a single cluster than the Mango trees here in FL...just an observation from the pictures that are posted her from CA.

I'm guessing its due to the lower humidity during fruit set? Just a guess though  :-\...

Good luck with your trees...

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »
Healthy trees and good pictures, thanks for sharing. I hope you get good fruit out of them.
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
Hey Max,

Great looking trees you have. I especially like the healthy set of leaves on your Lychee. I wish my Sweetheart Lychee had leaves like that. Is your tree protected from the wind? Your Maha Chanok looks really healthy but I would remove the fruit if it were my tree. Young mango trees seem to grow really slowly here in California and I would rather have my trees develope a good root system and nice branching before letting it hold fruit. You will likely get very little vegetative growth if you let your tree hold a fruit to maturity. I recently removed all the fruit from my Maha Chanok and it is still growing pretty slow.
Simon

fruit4me

• USA, CA/LOS ANGELES,SAN GABRIEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 12:17:42 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

Simon, the mauritius lychee is protected by wall in the back and the side of the garage. As for the Maha, I plan to let it fruit because I am very desperate to try my first home grown mango.

Took some more pictures today.

Newly planted Valencia Pride mango

Sweetheart lychee is not so happy

Kaimana lychee coming back to life

Brewster lychee

Emperor lychee

Hakip lychee

Emperor and Hakip were purchase not too long ago, so thats why they look better then the rest. Still trying to figure out how to keep them happy in pots.

mangomanic12

• Phoenix, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 12:33:43 PM »
Hey Max , those trees look great especially the Lychee in ground. Whatever you are doing , keep it up. Very healthy leaves.

A few points
I noticed the potted stuff (lychees especially) seem to have salt burn or developing it. What kind of water do you have?
To keep them healthy try and purchase a chlrorine /hard water remover that you can attach to your hose
Why haven't you planted more in ground? You seem to have great climate . Space issues?

Other than that i think you are doing a great job everything looks great

I bet the lychee issue has to do with the quality of water you are using.
Maybe different rootstock are more sensitive to bad water than others/ accumulation of salts in a pot????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk