Author Topic: AKME Gardens 2021 - Loquat Listings (Scions, Custom Grafting Services and more)  (Read 16059 times)

Fygee

• Las Vegas Gardening Community Admin
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • View Profile
    • Las Vegas Gardening Community
*********************UPDATE ON ADAM AKA AKME GARDENS ***********************************

He just texted me saying he was in the hospital the entire time!

I had a feeling that is where he was!

He recovering and trying to catch up with orders now with help with a family member!

He said he will start shipping soon!

I call shenanigans.

Are there any public records available that can prove that?

That is also an incredibly long hospital stay. The sort of thing reserved for people in comas.

Even beyond that, surely he could have someone else he knows or employs to handle business communications during that time.

The whole thing stinks. The Subject of this thread should include a warning in case anyone just reads the first post and goes to purchase.
Continuing my journey to disprove those who say "You can't grow that in the desert" since 2013.

Fygee

• Las Vegas, NV
    • View Profile
On that note, are there any trusted sellers of multi-grafted loquats that ship?
Continuing my journey to disprove those who say "You can't grow that in the desert" since 2013.

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
Hahaha. If there were we wouldn't be talking and I would already own my peluche avri novak piera monster ;D ;D

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
If you need Peluche cuttings, then enter my contest going on now.

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
At Fygee. Not yet but I’m hoping to change that with Kaz’s help.  He is the west coast loquat expert :)

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Time is money. Feelings define quality of life.

While scammers are deserving of their due comeuppance, I care not to continue investing time and emotion into lost causes. Have walked away from lots of crap, and feel less crappy.

Accept your losses, it's clear you all got screwed. Every moment you think of it further, you get screwed that much more.

What is your hourly rate at/for work? How much did you lose on scions and trees? For some, that cost may be exponential at this time. 

Ya'll should send me some plants for the time it took to write this.

=)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 03:48:25 PM by roblack »

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
Look I agree a federal charge on the guy sounds harsh but this dude is lying about everything there is to lie about. If he doesn’t wanna go to jail, he should probably think about refunding all these people. By definition, fraud is using deception (lying) to take peoples money. If he can’t prove he was in the hospital, etc, etc, etc, and all these other excuses, it’s really an open and shut case. And if he was really in the hospital for that long, I wish him best of health but he still stole all y’all’s money and disappeared.

Hell, if he’s in the hospital, why TF is his website even still up? As a business wouldn’t you want to inform your customer instead of hiding, then come back strong with a reopening? Every move he makes just reeks.

And it’s not small claims, he used the internet to steal across state lines so he opened himself up to wire fraud for every person he defrauded that doesn’t live in Alabama. If it was all in person it would be small claims (I’m not a lawyer at all but that’s the way I understood it at least)

I mean, his facebook page uses his middle name as his last name and has the wrong age. Every day that goes by of him not replying just makes him look more guilty.

They tried all those previous links to state departments in the first page of comments, I can’t really think of anything or anyone else to try; I’m just hoping it works out for y’all. All y’all, even him. Preferably not with him in a jail cell, but at some point this dude made his own bed.

Or maybe I’m being harsh; which honestly is totally fair, but I hate reading ALLLLL these people all getting burned by him. At some point, a federal case for wire fraud is gonna be the only option : (
Wire fraud? Maybe. Getting a court to give a s*** with the amounts of money involved, is doubtful. The case also hinges on intent. I don't think the case would stick. I don't think enough people have been harmed to make it worth a beaurocrat's time to bring it. The only way to resolve it is if he wants to. The only way to get your pound of flesh is to hit his pockets. How much is that gonna cost? We gotta take the hit and move on.

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
Look I agree a federal charge on the guy sounds harsh but this dude is lying about everything there is to lie about. If he doesn’t wanna go to jail, he should probably think about refunding all these people. By definition, fraud is using deception (lying) to take peoples money. If he can’t prove he was in the hospital, etc, etc, etc, and all these other excuses, it’s really an open and shut case. And if he was really in the hospital for that long, I wish him best of health but he still stole all y’all’s money and disappeared.

Hell, if he’s in the hospital, why TF is his website even still up? As a business wouldn’t you want to inform your customer instead of hiding, then come back strong with a reopening? Every move he makes just reeks.

And it’s not small claims, he used the internet to steal across state lines so he opened himself up to wire fraud for every person he defrauded that doesn’t live in Alabama. If it was all in person it would be small claims (I’m not a lawyer at all but that’s the way I understood it at least)

I mean, his facebook page uses his middle name as his last name and has the wrong age. Every day that goes by of him not replying just makes him look more guilty.

They tried all those previous links to state departments in the first page of comments, I can’t really think of anything or anyone else to try; I’m just hoping it works out for y’all. All y’all, even him. Preferably not with him in a jail cell, but at some point this dude made his own bed.

Or maybe I’m being harsh; which honestly is totally fair, but I hate reading ALLLLL these people all getting burned by him. At some point, a federal case for wire fraud is gonna be the only option : (
Wire fraud? Maybe. Getting a court to give a s*** with the amounts of money involved, is doubtful. The case also hinges on intent. I don't think the case would stick. I don't think enough people have been harmed to make it worth a beaurocrat's time to bring it. The only way to resolve it is if he wants to. The only way to get your pound of flesh is to hit his pockets. How much is that gonna cost? We gotta take the hit and move on.

The purpose of the ic3 fbi report is to make awareness to the fbi. There most likely will not be refunds or reverse of payments that the fbi can make happen. It does hinder/prevent more scam abuse from the same individual.
Standing idle while wrong doing is allowing the wrong doing. I encourage every victim to make a report.

BayTropics

• Brandon, FL
    • View Profile
*********************UPDATE ON ADAM AKA AKME GARDENS ***********************************

He recovering and trying to catch up with orders now with help with a family member!

I call shenanigans.

That is also an incredibly long hospital stay. The sort of thing reserved for people in comas.

Even beyond that, surely he could have someone else he knows or employs to handle business communications during that time.

The whole thing stinks. The Subject of this thread should include a warning in case anyone just reads the first post and goes to purchase.

I'll report back when I get my cuttings.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
Counting chickens before they hatch at this stage of the game is highly optimistic .
I got $5 on it they don't show .

I call shenanigans.

I'll report back when I get my cuttings.

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
I been selling multi graft loquats and loquat scion since long before this preacher man came on the scene with his made up variety's and extremely high prices, and now endless excuses followed by crickets.
I just never sold anything I didn't actually have to sell, or promised a tree I hadn't grafted yet.
People seem happier to bet on the come of a promise and snazzy write ups of seedlings of unknown quality , and maybe some prefer to order through a website storefront.
The whole scene is made up of people wishing on a star.
Thanks out to those among us effectively figuring out new fruit frontiers and pushing limits by experimenting , learning and sharing .Your works are important.

JCorte

• Laguna Beach and Fallbrook, CA, zone 10b/10a
    • View Profile
Bush2Beach has been my source for loquat scions, as well as white sapotes, annonas, and a couple great opuntia selections.  Always reliable and generous.  Thanks Johah for maintaining and sharing genetics!

Janet

Fygee

• Las Vegas, NV
    • View Profile
I been selling multi graft loquats and loquat scion since long before this preacher man came on the scene with his made up variety's and extremely high prices, and now endless excuses followed by crickets.
I just never sold anything I didn't actually have to sell, or promised a tree I hadn't grafted yet.
People seem happier to bet on the come of a promise and snazzy write ups of seedlings of unknown quality , and maybe some prefer to order through a website storefront.
The whole scene is made up of people wishing on a star.
Thanks out to those among us effectively figuring out new fruit frontiers and pushing limits by experimenting , learning and sharing .Your works are important.

In that case, I have some people in Vegas that are very thirsty for them next time you have them up for sale.

BayTropics

• Brandon, FL
    • View Profile
Just a quick follow up. Since receiving the text from Adam that he will be sending my order last week

No tracking number after he said my order would ship last week and didn't respond to any texts after.

BTW, he only text me about my order AFTER I opened up a dispute with my credit card company.

It's safe to say he is what everyone says he is.  :(

RIP HackMeGardens

pdm_

• Arizona 9b
    • View Profile
Avoid doing business with AKME. I sent a payment to Ms. Dias months ago and they've not sent any updates or replied to my inquiries. I had to initiate a dispute with my bank to get my money back. Absolutely the worst online business I've dealt with. Garden Crochet is a better option for loquat scions.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 09:21:33 PM by pdm_ »

pdm_

• Arizona 9b
    • View Profile
I paid AKME several months ago and not a peep since. I had to open a dispute through my bank to get my money back from Ms. Dias.  There are businesses/sellers that are disorganized, inept, or otherwise difficult to deal with; but AKME appears outright fraudulent. Avoid them.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 09:21:21 PM by pdm_ »

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
That has been the shituation for years. It doesn’t matter obviously. You still ordered a few months ago, along with plenty of other people, and around and around we go. 

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
Avoid doing business with AKME. I sent a payment to Ms. Diaz months ago and they've not sent any updates or replied to my inquiries. I had to initiate a dispute with my bank to get my money back. Absolutely the worst online business I've dealt with. Garden Crochet is a better option for loquat scions.
Who is this garden crochet you speak of? I would like to see what cultivars you have.

pdm_

• Arizona 9b
    • View Profile
Same. Made payment over three months ago and haven't received a single response from AKME. I opened a dispute with my bank against the payee, Kristina Dias, and am looking into small claims court in Baldwin County, AL.  Not sure what's going on with these people but they shouldn't be taking payment if they can't deliver merchandise.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 09:20:54 PM by pdm_ »

pdm_

• Arizona 9b
    • View Profile
Same. Made payment over three months ago and haven't received a single response from AKME. I opened a dispute with my bank against the payee, Kristina Dias, and am looking into small claims court in Baldwin County, AL.  Not sure what's going on with these people but they shouldn't be taking payment if they can't deliver merchandise.

Garden Crochet dot com sells loquat scions as well as fig cuttings. I've ordered the later and was very pleased.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 09:20:38 PM by pdm_ »

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
I've purchased cuttings from Garden Crochet, cost ranges from $8-$20 each plus shipping. The cuttings look fresh, not sure if they are correct but looks good. The seller also sells on ebay.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 01:25:38 PM by sc4001992 »

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
You can be quite sure what’s going on with these people by reading 3+ years of people posting they are getting ripped off.
Did you google search loquat scion and akme showed up?

If all the fraudulent sales are funneled through a website, who do you contact to shut down the site , since it is a scam?

umass2006

• Plano
    • View Profile
I've purchased cuttings from them, cost ranges from $8-$20 each plus shipping. The cuttings look fresh, not sure if they are correct but looks good. The seller also sells on ebay.

Gardencrochet is pretty reputable in the fig cuttings/plants world, so likely a good source for true to type loquat cuttings.

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
You can be quite sure what’s going on with these people by reading 3+ years of people posting they are getting ripped off.
Did you google search loquat scion and akme showed up?

If all the fraudulent sales are funneled through a website, who do you contact to shut down the site , since it is a scam?

I would suggest complaining to whoever the payment processors he's using (PayPal, etc.,). I only modify/delete spammer posts, I'm not going to change his original post here. If this thread doesn't dissuade a potential buyer, there was no stopping them.

strom

• so cal, 10a
    • View Profile
Keep in mind the credit card companies have a limit when you can open a dispute, so if this is something you plan to pursue, make sure you are not hesitating.  I was outside the time period so missed out unfortunately.