Author Topic: Amazon seed drop  (Read 1505 times)

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
Amazon seed drop
« on: April 16, 2023, 09:08:42 PM »
Im back in between expeditions and have some highly requested seeds for sell on my Website. If you order by wednesday 4/19 I can get them our before my next adventure otherwise shipping resumes May 8. Also for international shipping I have a new collaboration I will announce soon.

Ambelania Acida
https://youtu.be/aApR6q2aBPA Video taste report

Umari (Poraqueiba sericea)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFt_4H935gk&t=6s video taste report

Brosmium lactescens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJD_5V2-4VA&t=12s

Matisia cordata "Chupa Chupa Zapote"
Iquitos super sweet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27AQf0gIfeQ

sachamango (Grias peruviana) This plant grows best in a humid tropical climate and clay soils, rich in organic material; its characteristics and great adaptability allow the plant to withstand the adverse conditions that occur during the rainy season.
The fruit grows along the trunk of the plant and its shape is similar to a mango, the skin is coffee colored while the flesh is orange and grows around a large white pit. The color, consistency and taste of the sachamango is similar to a carrot.

The sachamango is harvested by hand, it is peeled using a machete due to the hardness of its peel in order to be able to eat it. It is eaten raw, toasted or roasted over coals which results in a buttery consistency and a taste much like dried fruit.
In addition to the flesh, the indigenous population of Amazonia use the dried back and the pit to make teas that possess laxative and purifying properties.

Lacmellea peruvianus "Chicle Huayo"
Very sweet, and many locals favorite fruit. The latex gum around the seeds is a natural chewing and quite flavorful.

Passiflora tarminiana Banana Passionfruit

www.hapajoesnursery.com

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon seed drop
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 09:37:29 PM »
Im back in between expeditions and have some highly requested seeds for sell on my Website. If you order by wednesday 4/19 I can get them our before my next adventure otherwise shipping resumes May 8. Also for international shipping I have a new collaboration I will announce soon.

Ambelania Acida
https://youtu.be/aApR6q2aBPA Video taste report

Umari (Poraqueiba sericea)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFt_4H935gk&t=6s video taste report

Brosmium lactescens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJD_5V2-4VA&t=12s

Matisia cordata "Chupa Chupa Zapote"
Iquitos super sweet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27AQf0gIfeQ

sachamango (Grias peruviana) This plant grows best in a humid tropical climate and clay soils, rich in organic material; its characteristics and great adaptability allow the plant to withstand the adverse conditions that occur during the rainy season.
The fruit grows along the trunk of the plant and its shape is similar to a mango, the skin is coffee colored while the flesh is orange and grows around a large white pit. The color, consistency and taste of the sachamango is similar to a carrot.

The sachamango is harvested by hand, it is peeled using a machete due to the hardness of its peel in order to be able to eat it. It is eaten raw, toasted or roasted over coals which results in a buttery consistency and a taste much like dried fruit.
In addition to the flesh, the indigenous population of Amazonia use the dried back and the pit to make teas that possess laxative and purifying properties.

Lacmellea peruvianus "Chicle Huayo"
Very sweet, and many locals favorite fruit. The latex gum around the seeds is a natural chewing and quite flavorful.

Passiflora tarminiana Banana Passionfruit

www.hapajoesnursery.com

Could you please tell us more about the banana passionfruit? Anything you can tell us and if it will do well in Central Florida. Thanks!!!

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 09:52:01 PM »
Oh this I think would do well in central florida.  It was sourced in Lima organic market and can grow at altitude in the Andes. The flesh was firm like a citrus fruit and finished with a slight grapefruit flavor.  I liked it bunch.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 12:04:00 AM »
Yes Joe! Now that your back from your trip could you take the tome to reply to my e-mail about all the moldy seeds I bought from you?
Thanks!

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 12:53:14 AM »
Whoa there, be careful telling Joe about moldy seeds you receive. Didn't go well for me, really bizarre experience.
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 08:31:09 PM »
 :(

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2023, 10:12:25 PM »
Yes Joe! Now that your back from your trip could you take the tome to reply to my e-mail about all the moldy seeds I bought from you?
Thanks!

Yes. Refunded your money. Thanks for reminding me Publicly.

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 12:15:46 AM »
No worries, I gather from the number of other people I have talked to this week about the molded & unviable seeds you've been sending everyone , coupled with your lack of a response, piled onto you Kooking out on my friend with some wack BS,   it was only the right thing to do.

Thank you for Publicly acknowledging the seeds you sold me were unviable and sending the refund.

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2023, 09:56:28 AM »
No problem.  Not sure why people would rather reach out to you and complain then ask for a refund for their “unviable” seeds but ok. Yeah that makes sense. But thanks for letting me show  I do in fact take care of my paying customers despite some weird forum collusion with your friend to bad mouth me because he didn’t get his way. I’ll happily post the screenshots where he said he left tropical seeds in a bag until weekend when he had time to sow them. Yes. If you leave tropical seeds in an airtight bag in dark cool place over a period of time it will in fact get some mold. Also would like to mention that said seeds were FREE and I sent them to him for free. Not sure what else i “owed” him because he graced us with his presence.
You sure you boys want to make this public.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2023, 10:04:54 AM »
I'm surprised to be reading some of these posts. Joe has been a great communicator with me, has sent quality material my way, and even some nice adds.

I think anyone who deals with lots of seeds is going to have some issues. Could flame tons of people if wanted to.

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2023, 10:20:53 AM »
I had people reach out to me after posting saying they had received similar unviable product and were faced with aggression when bringing it up. I didnt need to bad mouth you, I just shared screenshots of the conversation to my friends to try and understand if I was in the wrong in some way. If that's something you want to post, then by all means. I haven't said or done anything that would reflect poorly on me.

You would expect someone would package seeds properly in order to survive transit for at least a week, which I was well within when going to sow my seeds.  I have not had this problem with other vendors.

Your interpretation of the situation seems to have changed from the time we were on the trip to after the trip. I'm not here to try and analyze what reality you have concocted and are living in, but I know what we talked about and what I was told (which somehow is completely different to your memory). I also know how you responded to me after being ignored two times and then after a third time being more firm with my message but not unreasonable (I literally didn't ask for anything and in my original ignored messages said it wasn't a problem but I wanted to let you know). AFAIK I'm the only one who paid to have the seeds cleaned as Diego asked me to pay and I gladly did.  Was I not there when we collected seeds from the wild, when our guides harvested fruit for us, when I picked up fruit off the ground and put into a communal bag?

After your first aggression filled message you said, "Thanks for making my day". Which was something that I heard you say multiple times when dealing with your seed drama on the trip. It kind of clicked that you seem to like to create conflict and stir things up.  After hearing from other customers that you have given them the same treatment, it only makes me feel glad that I spoke up. I feel as if people too often are afraid of speaking out against poor service and treatment due to fear of retribution or community ousting, yet they are likely joined by a number of others who have similar experiences. 

You were very generous during the trip, yet when you got back and sent the seeds 3 weeks after you said you would. There seemed to be a shift and I was caught off guard saying that I didn't pay for a number of things you freely and generously offered.  I can't read minds and if it was a problem, like I said, it is something we probably could have talked about and gotten to the bottom of amicably.

Don't know what to tell you Joe, but when you treat people poorly you should probably expect they are going to talk about it. Hope you are well and can find clarity.

Agreed Rob, but usually when I bring up viability issues it's usually a polite conversation...which is exactly the opposite of my experience with Joe. Even after establishing what I thought was a friendship.
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2023, 10:28:45 AM »
Well you wanted 20 percent of my favorite fruit seed. You said it yourself. You waited a week to take them out of the bag. You left TROPICAL fruit seeds in a bag for a week. Yes. I guess I got upset that you let 100 free seeds of my favorite fruit that I spent ver a year to find, market, source, and collect seeds.  You complained while I was on another expedition in the middle of the jungle, about free seeds.
I shipped all those seeds back to the USA for free. Sent them to you for free.
You let them sit for a week and then you and and your friend come up with some weird forum posts to bad mouth me. Lol.

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2023, 10:33:17 AM »

Not sure why you needed a super urgent response to this that it couldn’t wait until I got back to the USA.

So sorry it took 3 weeks to ship you your FREE seeds, but I’m sure my paying customers appreciate I took care of them first. 

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2023, 10:47:39 AM »
Well you wanted 20 percent of my favorite fruit seed. You said it yourself. You waited a week to take them out of the bag. You left TROPICAL fruit seeds in a bag for a week. Yes. I guess I got upset that you let 100 free seeds of my favorite fruit that I spent ver a year to find, market, source, and collect seeds.  You complained while I was on another expedition in the middle of the jungle, about free seeds.
I shipped all those seeds back to the USA for free. Sent them to you for free.
You let them sit for a week and then you and and your friend come up with some weird forum posts to bad mouth me. Lol.

Sorry Joe, I think you misread my post. 
I don't think it's a valuable use of my time to continue to engage with you as reality seems to continually be distorted.  Good luck with everything.

Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2023, 11:29:01 AM »
No problem. wish you the best. We did have some fun in Colombia.

New refund policy. You can return items  no questions asked for a full refund within 2 days receipt of seeds. It can be done automatically from my store so you don’t even have to talk to Grumpy Hapa Joe.

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2023, 12:15:59 PM »
I had nothing but great experience every time I purchased from Joe, generous and quick to respond to all my concerns . I don't recall having any issues, I would buy again!

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2023, 12:49:29 PM »
Collusion? It's a small world of fruit dorks, you think there is not a real world component and people talking about what seeds we planted this spring or new plants , and who's got what and what's what.
somehow most of my best buds inna real life , I met here virtually first and we talk about growing fruit innna real life the same way.
People remember what happened differently and this easily distorts facts. What I see is multiple
friends that got bunk seeds. You could have owned that from the get go instead of taking it personally, which I understand can be hard to feel like your nor being personally attacked , but it's not about you , it's about getting the alive plant or alive seed you bought.
I've tried keeping seeds viable from the jungle and sending them out and it's not easy with all the factors involved. but obviously
people want what they want when they want it and don't care about those factors.
So it is what it is but my response is based off how you deal with your thing.
I think the seedling biz will work better for you and there is more money and less room for dead on arrival.
I do hope your passion and experience continues to grow and we can hash this out over a bowl of yumberry's at some point.
It's not that big a deal and trying to type this communication instead of talk like humans just seems to never really help.
Again, thanks for refunding and I think your new refund policy will make anyone feel comfortable to purchase, good idea.
that's a good move in the right direction to improve and increase biz and grow your thing better every day.
Don't be Unhappa grumpa Joe, Joe. you got this.
Have a nice day.

No problem.  Not sure why people would rather reach out to you and complain then ask for a refund for their “unviable” seeds but ok. Yeah that makes sense. But thanks for letting me show  I do in fact take care of my paying customers despite some weird forum collusion with your friend to bad mouth me because he didn’t get his way. I’ll happily post the screenshots where he said he left tropical seeds in a bag until weekend when he had time to sow them. Yes. If you leave tropical seeds in an airtight bag in dark cool place over a period of time it will in fact get some mold. Also would like to mention that said seeds were FREE and I sent them to him for free. Not sure what else i “owed” him because he graced us with his presence.
You sure you boys want to make this public.

tru

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2023, 12:54:14 PM »
Nothing but great experiences on my end as well; have a single (1) moldy seed across 40+ purchased, that I communicated with him about that he was very happy to reimburse me if things didn't work out. And it sprouted anyway!

And very commonly adds extras or seeds that are already germinating that usually run a premium.

I know I sound partial since I work on his website from time to time now, but I wouldn't have approached him in the first place if I wasn't impressed with his service after spending $200+ and multiple orders. Joe is top notch!!
instagram @trumansacco

iamdimitar

• OC, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2023, 12:57:15 PM »
Joe is amazing! Top-notch seller and a person!

1rainman

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2023, 01:44:25 PM »
Sounds like fun traveling through the jungle for seeds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk