Author Topic: WTB - Italian Lemons  (Read 637 times)

otownandre

• 9b
    • View Profile
WTB - Italian Lemons
« on: November 15, 2022, 12:44:48 AM »
Hello,
I am in Orlando, FL. Looking for Italian varieties of lemons and citron. Amalfi lemon, tuscan/florence citron, mangiagli lemon, sicilian lemon, etc. Cuttings ideal but open to seeds. I have other citrons and lemons  but really want something with the sweetness and fragrance of the Italian ones Ive had. PM me.

LittleCitrusLover

• Bay Area - East Bay 10a
    • View Profile
Re: WTB - Italian Lemons
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 09:34:28 AM »
You should be able to order from the ucr ccpp (ccpp.ucr.edu). They have a number of Italian lemons in bud form for grafting. I think they ship worldwide; I'm not sure if FL permits CA state budwood, but I'd hope this program is acceptable.

I don't know Florida's market/nursery scene, so you may be able to get more options closer, but here's at least one option. (Florida also has a disease-free budwood provider.)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 08:21:23 PM by LittleCitrusLover »

TheORKINMan

• Tallahassee, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 11:11:21 AM »
I too have been looking for Italian lemons inside of our little Florida bubble. Specifically Genoa lemons but any of them would pique my interest

otownandre

• 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 11:58:23 PM »
@LittleCitrusLover unfortunately I cannot import budwood to FL from CA using that program. Florida has one but it is unavailable to homegrowers, I looked into it. Need to be registered and inspected by Ag dept. Will keep looking but havent been able to find much with all the citrus restrictions. Most likely bet would be someone having seeds.