Author Topic: Sensation mango from South Florida  (Read 720 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Sensation mango from South Florida
« on: April 25, 2023, 10:16:03 PM »
I saw an article on the mangoes of Pakistan and I saw one name sensation I remember someone from across the pond mentioning that mango. After a Google search it seems to be in circulation also Mediterranean area. One description was of a darwfish tree with a red fruit that is very sweet and desirable  the tree itself can take lower temperatures is late season. Could this possibly also go by the name of Miami late
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

SunshineState

• Tampa Bay 10A
    • View Profile
Re: Sensation mango from South Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 08:51:24 PM »
Isn’t there a large Sensation tree at Fruit & Spice? I thought I remember seeing one last time I was there during winter.

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 11:24:57 PM »
About 11 years ago, I used to harvest an old orchard in Jupiter that once belonged to the Pennock family. Among the the various older cultivars in that orchard (which included multiple Haden, Edward, Kent, Keitt, Zill, and even one rare Fascell) were several large Sensation trees.

The fruit were beautiful, and the trees extremely productive in on years. I consider it as one of  the worst mangos I’ve ever had the displeasure of working with, and we never added it to the collection in West Palm at the Sturrock property because it’s such a piece of garbage.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 11:28:13 PM by Squam256 »

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 05:27:31 AM »
Sounds like that this mango gives a putrid sensation 🤣
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 10:24:23 AM »
Sounds like that this mango gives a putrid sensation 🤣
Sensationally bad.  The worst of the worst.
John

Aaron

• SWFL
    • View Profile
    • http://nofogroves.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2023, 04:19:41 PM »
Arent these fruit completely purple? Ive always wanted one just for the color.

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2023, 08:17:40 PM »
About 11 years ago, I used to harvest an old orchard in Jupiter that once belonged to the Pennock family. Among the the various older cultivars in that orchard (which included multiple Haden, Edward, Kent, Keitt, Zill, and even one rare Fascell) were several large Sensation trees.

The fruit were beautiful, and the trees extremely productive in on years. I consider it as one of  the worst mangos I’ve ever had the displeasure of working with, and we never added it to the collection in West Palm at the Sturrock property because it’s such a piece of garbage.

Now I want it, would be placed next to the road with a sign please take one and only one.  Kidding.

But, do share Alex, what made it so bad?  Production, taste, ....... all of the above???

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023, 12:27:07 AM »

Now I want it, would be placed next to the road with a sign please take one and only one.  Kidding.

But, do share Alex, what made it so bad?  Production, taste, ....... all of the above???

It was mealy, bland, developed internal breakdown easily and generally tasted nasty because it went overripe quickly .
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 09:19:43 AM by Squam256 »

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2023, 08:58:06 PM »
Thanks, good to know.

Perhaps a waste of a good name for a mango.  Perhaps "al" can be added to the end in reusing the name for a superior mango in the future.

Unless of course there already is a "Sensational" mango.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2023, 08:17:32 AM »
Thanks, good to know.

Perhaps a waste of a good name for a mango.  Perhaps "al" can be added to the end in reusing the name for a superior mango in the future.

Unless of course there already is a "Sensational" mango.
There may be one in the works. The sensationally watermelon mango🙃

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk