Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Best tasting italian lemon ?

(1/4) > >>

Pandan:
I don't think I've ever tried any Italian lemons straight but I find what I've heard about them from gushy cooking recipes and magazines very appealing.

I'm thinking of buying a tree but can't decide which to get:
Santa teresa, genoa, feminello, interdonato etc etc.
Is there a difference with them between whats sold in a given US store or just hype?

manfromyard:
Waiting on answer for this. There is not a whole lot of info on these about harvest times, flavor, productivity, etc. I'm starting to think a plain old eureka is just as good..

pagnr:
Yes we don't seem to have many of those Italian types in Australia.
Also wondering what the leap is from Eureka fruit wise ?
They seem a bit more Citron like to me, but don't know if that is really the case.

Pandan:

--- Quote from: manfromyard on April 29, 2023, 03:07:21 PM ---Waiting on answer for this. There is not a whole lot of info on these about harvest times, flavor, productivity, etc. I'm starting to think a plain old eureka is just as good..

--- End quote ---

Supposedly some Italian (intedonato and genoa i believe) dont have bitter rinds which makes them appealing for candying and liquour I think. But yes not a lot of actual reviews.

I love iced lemon teas but the bitter fllavor of rinds transfers into the drink pretty fast, wonder if it aa non bitter rind makes a difference

caladri:
Leaf and peel oil content is also a differentiating factor, I believe, but I definitely don't remember a source for it. Attlee's "The Land Where Lemons Grow" (despite being kind of a mixed bag) left me wanting a few kinds of Femminello lemon; so far all I have going is Santa Teresa.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version