Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

one of my favorites.....and i dont even have one?????

(1/2) > >>

j-grow:
I have some really nice stuff growing and i guess since it is so common i just took it for granted. I dont have a loquat!! my question is about "big jim" . it appears to be offered by california nurseries and i am attracted to it because it supposedly produces giant fruit. does anyone grow it in florida, is it good and do any of you know where i can get one in florida? i just planted a little "oliver" but would like to buy a bigger already producing tree.

puglvr1:
I planted a Loquat a year and a half ago but its a seedling I'm sure. No one around here had a named variety for sale. Basically wanted one for a shade tree plus I wanted to plant a fruit tree I did not have to protect in the winter and this fit the bill. Not once did I ever cover this tree and it came through our freezes with only minor leaf damage. It fruited for the first time this year and I'm very happy the fruit is very good!

lycheeluva:
gorgeous tree and very nice first crop. and i love how much more space you have to plant trees

johnb51:

--- Quote from: lycheeluva on February 28, 2012, 08:28:29 AM ---gorgeous tree and very nice first crop. and i love how much more space you have to plant trees

--- End quote ---

Yah!  Ya gotta get crackin' and plant some more trees!

puglvr1:
Thanks LL and John! I would LOVE to plant a bunch more Fruit trees If I didn't have these Freezes in the winter...its just SO much work building frames, covering, heating and even that doesn't guarantee it still won't die  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version