Author Topic: Thornless Blackberries  (Read 294 times)

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
Thornless Blackberries
« on: February 10, 2024, 08:27:18 AM »
Bought a couple plants from Walmart last year and forgot about them, to the point where I ran over one with the lawnmower. The other survived in some overgrown weeds and rewarded me thus:

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Thornless Blackberries
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 12:27:19 PM »
Wow! February is awfully early for them. Any idea what the variety is?

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 01:14:53 PM »
nice

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 01:44:10 PM »
Galatians522, no idea, unfortunately--I just remember they were thornless. Was surprised nothing got to them before me--I did cover them with an organza bag once I discovered them. They were already darkening up then.

Ognin525

• Buffalo, ny, zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 09:10:30 PM »
Thoes look really good! You really found some gems there February blackberries I need to move south!!! They look like thornless triple crown BlackBerry very productive of huge berries super juicy too, i have a few of them scattered around. Make sure you stick that end in the ground after you eat thoes berries!
Bill

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 05:13:49 PM »
Thanks for the info, Ognin525! So the end tip of the "stalk" should be buried? To have it make more plants? If so, I'm all in favor of that! There was one other fruit that developed later, and something got to it before me--I'm thinking the chickens, but they're not talking . . .

Ognin525

• Buffalo, ny, zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 12:00:46 PM »
Hahaha "I'm thinking chicken's but there not talking" i lost it reading that!!! Ya when you stick the tip of the branch in the ground you will have a 100% chance or roots iv never had it fail. I'll stick them in and go around a month or so later checking for roots before cutting the branch to multiply the plants quickly. You can do this into a pot as well to spread them around. Best to get about 3inches if possible but iv just put them under wet leaves and they rooted lol. Now you have to get to work making more than your chickens can eat so you get some.
Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk