Author Topic: Annona graft compatibility table  (Read 19266 times)

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Re: Annona graft compatibility table
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 11:40:02 PM »
i think Berto might have done this graft as well...

soursop and montana works very well they are close parients. but dont so with rollinia...rollinia works well qith rollinia.....soursop can be grafting on cherimoya like rootstock...cherimoya is te better rootstock in the family.

Thank you much for the info! :) I have a friend with a sweet soursop, she said very good quality, I am going to ask her to send me some scions, I have a lot of cherimoya trees to work with, I just didn't know if soursop would take to cherimyoa roots   :)

I like to see that graft...the only one I've heard who had any success with soursop onto cherimoya is Ethan. We've had many failures here.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Californiatropicals

• Vallejo, Ca Zone 9B-10A (CA sunset zone 17)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 11:41:35 PM »
soursop and montana works very well they are close parients. but dont so with rollinia...rollinia works well qith rollinia.....soursop can be grafting on cherimoya like rootstock...cherimoya is te better rootstock in the family.

Thank you much for the info! :) I have a friend with a sweet soursop, she said very good quality, I am going to ask her to send me some scions, I have a lot of cherimoya trees to work with, I just didn't know if soursop would take to cherimyoa roots   :)

I like to see that graft...the only one I've heard who had any success with soursop onto cherimoya is Ethan. We've had many failures here.

I can do it,  I know I can. I've already grafted sugar apple and custard apple onto cherimoya (my seed grown sugar apple has set some fruit here in norcal, and I leave it out during winter) 

Even if I can't successfully do it, you can bet that I am sure gonna try.. lol  ;D

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 01:11:46 AM »

I am going to try green on green, as Ethan recommended, both my rootstock and Cuban fiberless a flushing

Californiatropicals

• Vallejo, Ca Zone 9B-10A (CA sunset zone 17)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 01:15:57 AM »

I am going to try green on green, as Ethan recommended, both my rootstock and Cuban fiberless a flushing

I will try that too, when I source the scionwood.

I want to push the limit further, and see if I can grow soursop in norcal!  I think it can be done! In my micro climate at least.

joaave

• jujuy-argentina
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2015, 08:33:24 PM »
ANybody knows is it possible grafting Rollinia Rugulosa onto cherimoya?

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 12:30:13 AM »
Anyone have any updates on Rollinia on Cherimoya or Atemoya rootstock?  Did it work?  Were there any long term compatibility issues?

marklee

• Chula Vista, California Zone 24 or 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2016, 03:13:31 AM »
Anyone have any updates on Rollinia on Cherimoya or Atemoya rootstock?  Did it work?  Were there any long term compatibility issues?
Barath,

I have a pretty large rollinia on cherimoya, it had a few flowers a few weeks ago but aborted them. The tree is about 6 feet, the graft looks good still, but the growth of the rollinia is not flushing that well.

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2016, 11:19:34 AM »
Pawpaw (Wells) on cherimoya (honeyhart seedling) took. The scion grew one leaf and the rootstock is way more vigorous.
I didn't prune away the rootstock growth completely which I will do. I only controlled rootstock growth by pinching anything that's taller than the scion. That's not enough now.

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2016, 11:41:43 AM »
Barath,

I have a pretty large rollinia on cherimoya, it had a few flowers a few weeks ago but aborted them. The tree is about 6 feet, the graft looks good still, but the growth of the rollinia is not flushing that well.

Wow, great that it's grown so well, even if it's not ideal.  Does rollinia on cherimoya rootstock seem to need less water than on its own rootstock?  (Everyone seems to say that rollinia generally likes a lot of water.)

merce3

• west central fl, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2016, 07:53:14 PM »
i successfully grafted dream fruit (whatever it is classified as) on to my soursop. i grafted green on green with success. the green scion i grafted on a hardened branch failed.

i am also trying rollinia, but no signs of it taking yet.

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2016, 09:44:25 PM »
47-18 on A. glabra

Life is good

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 09:59:49 PM »
Dream on A. glabra

Life is good

carcarlo

• USA Florida Tampa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »
Hi Bob I have some great A. Ret. seeds here are two Duguetia Uniflora on A. Ret. rootstock and growing faster than the Duguetia Tree I got the scions from. I'm currently trying, Guanabana and Rollinia on A. Reticulata rootstock, will see if it compatibility works.
regards
Carlos

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:54:22 PM by carcarlo »

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2016, 04:10:13 PM »
Hi, nice topic.

I have a very nice annona montana, 1.3 m tall planted at the garden and I would like to know if it would have any sense to graft a guabanana (a. muricata) over her... at our backyard we almost have no frosts... but I know a. muricata suffers a lot when temps go down to -5º C and the wind let it without leaves...

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2016, 10:19:48 PM »
Windbreaks protect Soursop.

Grafting high on Mountain-Soursop might work to protect from low frosts, but not likely to protect from wind damage.
Har

Bob407

• Isla de Bieke, PR 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2016, 09:26:50 AM »
Hi Bob I have some great A. Ret. seeds here are two Duguetia Uniflora on A. Ret. rootstock and growing faster than the Duguetia Tree I got the scions from. I'm currently trying, Guanabana and Rollinia on A. Reticulata rootstock, will see if it compatibility works.
regards
Carlos

Looks good Carl!
Life is good

Nayelie321

• In California most of the time.
    • California
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2018, 05:32:25 PM »
I know this is a dead thread but I just checked the Purdue university file on Soursop and it says it’s a satisfactory rootstock for sugarapple but the chart here states it’s no. Anyone had any luck with that combo?

https://hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/soursop.html#Propagation

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2018, 06:19:55 PM »
i have atemoya on reticulata,

illama on reticulata

reticulata on cherimola

have done atemoya on pond apple

dioica on reticulata

cornifolia on atemoya

all of these worked well, but not sure about long term compatibility...they have lasted for over 1-2 yrs without any set backs, or detrimental anomalies.

I will try to think of more, but honestly, I don't like the table format.

I would rather see each species listed individually, with all of it's known compatible counterparts, including notes about each one if necessary.

I had bad results after a few years with Ilama on reticulata .
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

Ethan

• Central California Z9/9
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2018, 12:33:41 PM »

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Re: Annona grafting compatibility chart
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2021, 05:26:17 PM »
I guess some dis-ambiguity is in order: I always get confused with common and the scientific names

While it is too early to know anything for sure, fresh grafts of Cherilata on Gefner atemoya are pushing well.

Note: I know this an old thread, and was unable to find a more current version, but think one does exist.

BayAreaMicroClimate

• Dublin, California 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2021, 02:29:13 AM »
A Glabra seems to graft onto cherimoya. I know there’s no point in really doing it though

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Annona grafting compatibility chart
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2021, 02:19:50 AM »
I guess some dis-ambiguity is in order: I always get confused with common and the scientific names

While it is too early to know anything for sure, fresh grafts of Cherilata on Gefner atemoya are pushing well.

Note: I know this an old thread, and was unable to find a more current version, but think one does exist.
It grafts well on Glabra too, so far.  Two years and going strong.  Font know long term yet.

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2021, 10:00:25 AM »
I got cherilata and reticulata going on montana.
We'll see how it goes long term though
So far no suckering

vipinrl

• India, Western Ghats, Kerala
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2021, 01:37:42 AM »
Custard apple (reticulata) on Mountain soursop. Not sure about the long term compatibility of the 8 week old Chip-bud graft.