Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Buy, Sell, & Trade

Looking for cold hardy avocado scions: Duke, Mexicola, Fantastic, Joey…

<< < (2/3) > >>

Flgarden:
Many factors could play...
Bruising of the skin was not the issue. It was impossible to remove it without a purple mess and there was not much to eat...

Flgarden:
https://www.myavocadotrees.com/joey-avocado.html

This guy had the same issues with  Joey and his pics are matching what i had. 

swincher:

--- Quote from: Flgarden on March 01, 2021, 04:34:47 PM ---Many factors could play...
Bruising of the skin was not the issue. It was impossible to remove it without a purple mess and there was not much to eat...

--- End quote ---

Usually it's recommended to eat the skin for most drymifolia avocado cultivars because of the peeling issue. 

I had heard from a few sources that Joey and May are the same cultivar, but I wonder if that's not true. Craig Hepworth in Citra was one of my main sources of direct info about what I assumed to be Joey/May, now I'm thinking maybe May is a different cultivar completely:

Flgarden:
Color of the skin of your May looks like Joey i had. But shape is different and seed proportionally looks smaller. Joey had a thin layer  around the seed. And seeds was not easy to remove. I gave it years thinking maybe the tree is still young and fertilizer and something else...

swincher:
Definitely doesn't sound great! I have a single small grafted Joey tree myself, still a few years from producing, now you have me second-guessing that decision!

P.S. sorry for the threadjacking

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version