Author Topic: **YANGMEI** Grafted PRINCE ANHAI aka RUANSI established tree Myrica rubra  (Read 746 times)

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
I’ve listed this newly introduced variety on EBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/234869457257?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Hijf86pGS2K&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=Hijf86pGS2K&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Variety info (translated):
Soft shredded bayberry
Prince Anhai has soft flesh. It is native to Longhai, in Fujian Province. The leaves are large, the old leaves grow more than the new leaves, the edges are obviously toothed, the fruit is round and spherical, and the fruit is correct. The average weight of the single fruit is 15 grams. The surface of the fruit is purple-red to purple-black. The flesh is dull and long. There is a longitudinal or not obvious gully on both sides. The stem has a turquoise tumor-like protuberance. The texture is soft, sweet, and very juicy with some acidity. The seed is small, with very high flesh to seed ratio.
Fruit is of excellent quality, top tier. Harvest is from mid-May to late May.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 05:14:20 PM by RevivalR00ts »

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
Hey RevivalRoots. I'm not sure if you're a native English speaker but your description is a little strange for this plant. "Prince Anhai turns into a soft meat column of bayberry" sounds quite strange! "The meat is fine and soft, the juice is large, the sweet acid is moderate, the nucleus is small, and the edible rate is more than 95%."

Let me help you out. Replace "meat" with flesh.

"Prince Anhai turns into a soft meat column of bayberry" should be "Prince Anhai is a soft fleshed variety bayberry".

"The meat is fine and soft, the juice is large, the sweet acid is moderate, the nucleus is small, and the edible rate is more than 95%." should be " the texture of the fruit is soft and juicy. It is small seeded and has a 9 to1 flesh to seed ratio."

RevivalR00ts

• US, CA, Corona, 9b
    • View Profile
Hey RevivalRoots. I'm not sure if you're a native English speaker but your description is a little strange for this plant. "Prince Anhai turns into a soft meat column of bayberry" sounds quite strange! "The meat is fine and soft, the juice is large, the sweet acid is moderate, the nucleus is small, and the edible rate is more than 95%."

Let me help you out. Replace "meat" with flesh.

"Prince Anhai turns into a soft meat column of bayberry" should be "Prince Anhai is a soft fleshed variety bayberry".

"The meat is fine and soft, the juice is large, the sweet acid is moderate, the nucleus is small, and the edible rate is more than 95%." should be " the texture of the fruit is soft and juicy. It is small seeded and has a 9 to1 flesh to seed ratio."

That’s great, thanks you! I only speak English lol. This is from a Chinese site and I literally just used the translate feature on the phone. I appreciate the translation help!

SHV

• Escondido, CA
    • View Profile
Mmm, meat column. So this variety of yangmei is like a slim Jim. Sounds tasty.

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
Mmm, meat column. So this variety of yangmei is like a slim Jim. Sounds tasty.
Like I said the translations is quite strange ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Meat column. If this was 4chan..... :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank:

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Sounds exceedingly proper to me just the wrong website lol