Author Topic: Mulch in San Diego  (Read 1452 times)

CBG35

• Escondido CA
    • View Profile
Mulch in San Diego
« on: March 02, 2017, 03:48:57 PM »
For those who live in San Diego, where do you get your mulch from and what kind do you buy that works well for your fruit trees?  We will need bulk delivery (about 20-25 CY).

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Mulch in San Diego
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 06:17:38 PM »
chipdrop.in or maybe some of the local tree trimming woodchip service.
The El Corazon facility that someone mentioned has really nice compost for free or delivered for a fee. The mushroom compost from the mushroom facility on Broadway also has free compost. Not sure if they will deliver.

I get free mulch delivered (~10 or ~20 CY at a time) from my city (Burbank) when I ask. I'm not sure if Escondido has something like it.

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 06:32:22 PM »
I just pull over and ask the tree teimmers if they want to dump it at my place.  Half or so will agree.  It saves them money.  Have got many full truck fulls.  I have a neighbor with tons of it and a dump truck and tractors and all too that sells it and firewood. 

Brad Spaugh

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 06:35:05 PM »
I can ask my neighbor how much he wants for 20 to 25 yards delivered if you want.  He has some good pine mulch that breaks down nicely.  Avocados love it.
Brad Spaugh

shaneatwell

• California, San Diego, sunset 23 and 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 09:27:34 PM »
I've been getting Garden Blend from Agriservices. Its a mix of <2" wood chips and mulch (composed organics + brush, lumber and tree chips). I like the look and feel and its not too rich. Very well mixed unlike some of the other products.

Shane